C H A P T E R 34

Alana (Chris and Cali mama) in MM

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - F O U R

        Sliding on a sundress, she fluffed her curls letting her natural beauty show today. Ahmad was in the bathroom getting ready himself for the appointment she had. Walking into the bathroom she smacked him on the ass, then grabbed her makeup bag to grab her lip gloss.

Applying it to her lips, Ahmad bumped her arm purposely causing her to smear it across her face. Looking over at him in shock he tried holding in his laugh but frowned once she marked his face. "Not so funny now huh?"

He laughed. "You the only one salty, its still funny," Sliding his hand down to her plump bottom, he squeezed and smacked on it as he stared at her through the mirror. Making her roll her eyes playfully, she wiped her face to get the lip gloss off then turned to wipe his face. "Excited to find out the gender?"

"It's a girl, I already know."

Cali rolled her eyes, "I'm so ready for this doctor to prove your ass wrong, you getting on my nerves."

"Why you so against having a girl?"

"It's not that I'm against having a girl .. its just I know she gon' have my attitude and I'm not ready to deal with it."

Ahmad chuckled, "Okay and if we were to have a boy and he turns out like me, you saying that's any better?"

Frowning, she shook her head. "Oh my god, I didn't even think of that .. suddenly having a girl doesn't seem so bad after all."

"I knew you would start seeing things my way," Laughing to himself, he left out the bathroom and the bedroom going downstairs to see Chris and Marquette eating breakfast.

Slapping hands with Chris, he kissed Marquette on the head before making himself a plate. "I heard y'all finding out the gender today .. how you feeling?"

"I'm hype as fuck, like I be teasing with Cali about really wanting a girl but really at the end of the day I just want a healthy child."

Chris nodded, "That's the most important thing anyways, plus with whatever you guys are blessed with, I feel you and her gon' be alright."

"I hope so,"

Cali soon emerged downstairs singing along to the words of While we're young by Jhene Aiko. Kissing Marquette on the head she mushed Chris head then went over to Ahmad taking food off his plate.

"Get yo own shit." He mumbled pushing her away.

"But I want yours," Rolling his eyes he handed her the plate then fixed him another while she walked off with devious smirk into the living room.

Chris got up leaving Marquette and Ahmad in the kitchen to go speak with Cali before he left for work. Plopping down next to her, she looked over at him then turned her attention back to the tv that was playing Wildin' Out. "Whatchu want?" She asked knowing her brother.

He sighed. "I'm going to go see mama today after work ..I mean I been home for a few months and she hasn't called or nothing so I'm just tryna see what is up with that."

For the past view months that Chris had been out of jail, thoughts of his mama and their relationship lingered in his mind. He wanted to hate her so bad but he also wanted her love.

He felt in his heart they needed to talk to hash out things between each other. He knew he could never properly love a woman since he lacked that love towards his own mama, he needed closure, he needed answers and after years of screaming fuck her, he was cracking and was willing to put everything aside to actually work it out.