C H A P T E R 32

Hazel in MM

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - T W O

Coming from under the covers, Cali leaned up to kiss Ahmad on the lips. "Did that help with your nerves?" She asked smiling and he nodded lazily trying to come down from his high.

She smiled getting up off him, walking into her closet. A month had passed and today was the day of his trial so they let him go home for the night under the table of course to get clothes and actually have a fresh shower, but he had to be back at the hospital before noon so he could get picked up by the cops.

Ahmad laid in Cali's bed, enjoying the feeling of a comfy bed again. All night he tossed and turned in his sleep as he kept having nightmares of things going wrong today.

Looking at his phone he saw it was only six in the morning so he had six hours to mentally prepare himself for the events that would occur today.

Stepping out of her closet in her robe, she put her hair in a messy bun climbing into bed beside him. "Everything is going to be okay, you heard what your lawyer said .. you got this, well we got this!" She preached rubbing her hand down the side of his face.

"I know, I'm straight forreal .. its just that anticipation of not knowing is what's killing me."

"Just relax, you know what to say and what to do .. be respectful, answer any of their bullshit questions clearly and if they try and hit a nerve about what Shondra did remain cool, and let Chauncey handle that .."

Sitting up so his back was against the head board, he sighed. "I did some research last night over this type of case .. its possible they could give me life, and I don't want to spend the rest of my life behind bars and miss out on my kids lives."

Grabbing his face she made him face her. "Think positive baby, this negative shit has to end. I believe everything will be okay, but you have to believe it your damn self! You are not a murderer baby okay? This is not who you are so you're going to walk into that damn court room with that attitude alright? Fuck what you saw online this is your life, keep faith in God and everything will be alright okay?" Ahmad nodded slowly.

Pressing his forehead against hers, he sighed. "I'm scared," He mumbled causing her to look up at his eyes.

Seeing the fear and worry in his eyes scared her, she had never seen Ahmad this shaken up about something. She's seen him sad and depressed but actually scared was something totally new and she honestly didn't like this side of him.

Wrapping her arms around him, she held him as his head rested on her chest. "Whatever happens today, know that I will always love you and stand right beside you no matter what. You are my everything and I don't want to imagine my life without you and I won't so you gotta be strong and remain hopeful through all of this, you are a king .. you are not what they are saying online and on the news .. You are Ahmad Hassan Sinclair, the love of my life and the father of my kids .. the man I saw in you the day I met you is the same man I see today a man who strives to be happy and you will get there one day my love,"

"It's almost that time, you good?" Cali asked Ahmad as she helped him with his tie.

Taking a deep breath, he moved over to the mirror in the bathroom checking himself out. "Yeah, for the most part." He mumbled. "I'm trying to remain as positive as possible."

Wrapping her arms around his torso from behind she pressed her face in his back. Ahmad smiled turning around so they could each other. "I got faith but what about that Melissa bullshit? What if that messes up everything?" He asked.