C H A P T E R 12

Does this story feel rushed?

C H A P T E R
T W E L V E

Ahmad walked back and forth in his room making sure had everything he needed before he left. Amira sat on the bed watching his every move just waiting for him to leave so she could do the same and be on time for the party.

"I look good?" He asked her.

Nodding her head she grabbed his phone snapping a picture of him then sat it down on the bed beside her. "Alright, I'm bout to go .. you know the rules nobody except Imani is allowed over here and you can't leave this house and don't think I won't know cause Marcus will tell me."

Rolling her eyes she waved him off, "I know the rules, I'm not a baby."

Walking towards her he kissed her forehead. "Whatever, I love you and be sure to lock up .. its some crazy muthafuckas around here."

"Yeah like you," She joked.

"Exactly, come walk me out."

Heading towards the door Amira followed behind him tugging on the bonnet she wore making sure rollers could not be seen. Stepping outside he hugged her one last time kissed her forehead then walked away with a heavy heart.

Lately he's been having these dreams again .. but they weren't good dreams. He wasn't sure if it was because of the medicine he was taking but shit just wasn't feeling right and hadn't been feeling right for a few days.

When he heard his door shut he stared at the door for a minute then turned to walk to his car. Getting inside he cranked it up then pulled out heading towards Cali's so they could go to dinner.

Today was her last free day and they were gonna spend it together since it would be a week until they saw each other again but the whole way there other shit was on his mind.

Back at Ahmad's house Amira was wasting no time to get ready. She had Imani on mute the whole time he was there just waiting for him to leave. Taking her off her mute, she peeked through the window. "Okay he just left to go to his girlfriend or whatever she is house, I'm leaving the house in ten minutes I already had my outfit planned tonight just gotta put it on so be outside when I get there."

"Girl, I'm already dressed.. just waiting on you."

"Oh okay, now all I gotta do now is sneak by Marcus apartment without getting caught then its on and popping.

Imani giggled. "Damn your brothers really don't play."

"They really don't, I was playing music through the iHome speaker one night while Ahmad was gon' and Marcus busted in thinking I was having a party ..shit pissed me off lowkey."

Laughing, Imani picked at her nails. "So glad I'm the oldest so my little brothers don't bother me at all."

"Well aren't you lucky, but okay I'm about to get dressed, touch up on my hair and then I'm heading out the door call you when I get there."

"Okay bye,"

Hanging up her phone, Amira slipped it in her Micheal Kors clutch Twan brought her for their two year anniversary.

Going inside her closet she grabbed the dress off the hanger dropping the night gown she wore then slid into the dress rubbing her hands down her sides straighten it out.