C H A P T E R 18

C H A P T E R
E I G H T E E N

Sitting inside Fashion Nova, Ahmad sat in the waiting area with Marquette on his lap playing games on his phone as he waited for Cali to come out with the outfits she picked out.

Rubbing his hand over Marquette waves, a woman passed by and smiled. "Cute kid, he looks just like you," She complimented causing Marquette to look up and mug the woman.

He hated when women spoke to Ahmad, unless it was his mama.

Instead of correcting her that he wasn't his son, he just thanked her and turned away as she stayed around looking through racks of clothes just to see if he had a girlfriend or not.

When Cali walked out with a pair of high-waisted ripped jeans and a crop top, Ahmad sat up. "How does this look babe?"

Once the lady heard babe leave her mouth, she scoffed and walked off in a hurry. Cali noticed the girls actions shrugging it off. "Do a little spin for me, let me see that ass."

"Stop cursing in front of him, you know he repeats everything you say." She whined doing a quick turn.

"He wanna be like me, so let him and buy those fasho .. I like them."

She smiled. "Okay, I got three dresses then I'm done,"

Holding a thumbs up, he looked down at the game Marquette was playing which was fruit ninja. Getting bored watching that, he looked around the store .. shaking his head at how many women where in this mug, when he spotted Nia .. he smacked his teeth turning away hoping she did not see him.

But of course she did and started making her way towards him. "Hey, I thought that was you." She smiled looking down at him and Marquette.

Not wanting to be rude, he turned a little to face her. "Yeah, what's up Nia?"

"Oh nothing, just shopping for an outfit for my date tonight." She smiled putting emphasis on date, to make him jealous.

But as we all know, Ahmad could careless. "Oh really? That's nice, good luck to him." He stated simply causing her to frown.

"Anyways, what are you doing here? Here for your sister?"

Biting his lip, he shook his head. "My girl wanted to go shopping to have an outfit for my parents anniversary cook-out today so yeah." Since she wanted to be petty and throw that she moved on, he did the same.

"Your girl?" She asked in disbelief, not believing Ahmad would actually settle down with someone.

"Yes, my girl .. I don't think I stuttered."

And on cue, Cali came walking out in a peach colored tight fitting dress. "Babe .. is this cute?" She asked looking up at him after examining herself.

Nia stood there lost for words, "You look beautiful baby, get that dress and the black one just like it." He told her.

Walking over to him, she looked Nia up and down wondering who she was and why she was by Ahmad. "Who is this?"

Looking back, Ahmad shrugged. "Just an old friend, Nia this my baby Cali, Cali this is Nia."

Cali smiled reaching for a handshake, but the jealous side in Nia took over as she ignored the kind gesture. "Really Ahmad? You make this bitch your girlfriend but not me?"