C H A P T E R 25

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - F I V E

"At the end of the day, I had you first and gave you your first and only child so either way I win. And I hope you don't think that nigga better than me either cause he ain't." Reggie spat sounding like the true bitch ass nigga he was.

Cali laughed. "I wouldn't say only, but I will say this. Grow tha fuck up! You're acting like a little ass boy right now, why can't you just be happy for me? Be happy that I found someone who actually loves and cares for our son like his own. You're engaged and you have a new baby but did I hate on you once? Did I give you a hard time? No! Why can't you do the same for me?"

"We two different people," He shrugged.

"That's not fair and you know its not. You used to always say you'll find that someone for you, go out and live and the minute I actually do it, you're a bitch about it! Why do you dislike him so much!? He has don' nothing but love our son and take care of me!"

Reggie looked down at his hands, before looking up at Cali. "He took my family.. Cali I love you, I never stopped and I always hoped that one day we would work out and go back to how things used to be .. I miss you, I miss us."

Grabbing her hand she pulled back, "I love you because you're the father of my son, but my heart belongs to Ahmad and you need to respect him by respecting our relationship like I do with yours." She stated calmly.

"So that's it? You don't feel anything towards me?"

"That's exactly what I am saying, me and you just need to focus on co-parenting and you need to focus on being a good fiancé and a good father to both of your kids .. this extra shit has to end, I haven't told Ahmad about your actions because I'm sparing you but trust me when he gets out and you're still on this shit, I will personally have him beat your ass cause your actions are affecting my son, he doesn't even like being around anymore cause you're so bitter and mean to him and that's all your fault."

Reggie nodded, "How about this .. you three be a family and I just tend my new family." He chuckled bitterly.

"So you're just gonna say to hell with your son now?"

Throwing his hands up, he shrugged. "Might as well, I mean ain't like the little nigga wants me around in the first place when he's over my place all he talks about is what him and Ahmad did .. as a father you don't want to hear what another man has don' for your kid."

"You sound stupid as hell, so because a new man comes around you feel as if this gives you the green light to stop being a father?" She asked as she felt her eyes burn and fill with tears.

Shrugging his shoulders, he walked off going to his car. "Clearly, I can't compete with a murder so why even try? He took you, and now my son."

Cali ran to his side banging on his window. "I swear you're nothing but a piece of shit! You're still his damn daddy and he needs you! You're just going to leave his life like he means nothing all because of who I am dating!?"

"Cali move this conversation is over,"

"Fuck you! If you drive off this property right now, don't think you're getting a second chance after this!"

Giving her a thumbs up,he pulled out of the parking lot of her salon and jetted off. Picking up a crushed can, she threw it at the back of his car frustrated, hurt and pissed.

Wiping her eyes, she walked back inside her shop to see Alisha and Anaya standing there with open arms.

The shop had closed hours ago, but she wanted to have a long talk with Reggie about his actions, to address the situation like adults but as we all see that didn't go well.