C H A P T E R 44

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - F O U R

Walking inside his condo, Ahmad looked to see Amira in the kitchen cooking. This was one of the perks he liked about her moving in since she loved to cook just like their mama so a hot meal was something he always came home too.

"Sup ugly," He greeted mushing her head then went over to the fridge to grab something to drink.

"Hey, I'm almost done." She stated plainly which only made Ahmad frown since he knew Amira like the back of his hand. She would usually crack back on him but instead she didn't. He watched her body language sensing something was off and as her big brother he had to make sure she was good. "What's up with you?" He asked taking a seat at the bar.

Flipping the last chicken fajita and beef quesdilla, she turned the burner down made their plates then took a seat beside him. "Boyfriend troubles,"

"Talk to me,"

"If I tell you this, please don't get mad.."

"I'm not making any promises but get to talking."

She sighed, "I really love Twan, and I know I'm young Ahmad and you may think I don't know anything about love but I really do feel that what we feel for each other is love .." She started off but that only confused Ahmad since she said she was having boyfriend troubles but instead of saying anything, he let her continue.

"...and because I love him, I had sex with him." She mumbled feeling a wave of relief come off her shoulders since it was something she has been holding this secret in for a while now but now things were getting serious and she felt Ahmad was a good person to come too.

"Is he acting funny or something? Like what's up? You stalling and I'm tryna get the whole point of this story you telling me."

Pushing her plate away, she just shook her head. "He's going to this party tonight and he didn't even tell me about it. I heard about the party but usually he tells me if he's going or not and we've been talking like all day and I even asked him what he had planned for later today and he just lied and said he would be home .. I'm not trying to overthink the situation but the situation is suspect, he's not telling me because he doesn't want me there so it just lets me believe that he's up to no good and I feel stupid for trusting him and giving him something that means a lot to me, cause if someone can easily lie about that .. its a million other things he could be lying about."

Ahmad nodded, was he mad that his little sister was out here having sex? Beyond, but he had to remember that he was once young and in love before. So the last thing he wanted to do was jump on her when she's already feeling down.

"I'm not happy that you're having sex but don't be too hard on yourself. We were all young before and did dumb shit .. yeah the regret and stupidity you feel in the moment sucks but its only temporary. Now look, I don't know much about Twan only know a few things from what you have told me. You say you heard he was going to this party, not saying he is lying but he could also be telling the truth like be honest has he ever lied about anything else before?" She shook her head no, "Okay then why are you so quick to believe what someone else says .. if you really want to know the truth just ask about the party, you making yourself mad when you not even sure who telling the truth yet. All this moping over nothing and not knowing if the rumor is one-hundred percent sure true is stupid, find out the facts first."

She nodded, "You're right, but what if I found out he's lying? and then find out that he's cheating on me.. what do I do then?"

"Come to me and I'll beat his ass. Simple." He shrugged taking a bite out of his food.