C H A P T E R 35

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - F I V E

Throwing on a shirt, he looked over at Anaya who was getting back dressed to head back to work from lunch but all he could think was that something was going on with her. She came over during her lunch break and they had sex but even the sex felt different between the two.

He was happy that her and Alisha came back together but when she started acting distant towards him and flaking on things they had planned was when he became more alert to her.

She spent hours on her phone, she barely wanted to come over and her excuse was always that she was with Alisha or talking to Alisha and it just made him think and wonder if Alisha was acting like that towards Shaun.

"Are we good?" He blurted out getting back in bed.

Looking over her shoulder, she sighed. "Yes Marcus, why do you keep asking this? We just had sex and you still tripping."

"Okay we had sex.. that don't change the fact you been acting funny as fuck. You been all up Alisha ass for days and been distant as fuck towards me like what's up with that?"

She chuckled. "Oh that's what this is about? You're jealous because I've been spending time with my sister? Well get over it Marcus, she is my sister. We're gonna wanna spend time with one another."

"You know damn well this ain't got shit to do with you hanging with your sister. But when you start lacking as a girlfriend the shit becomes a problem. You putting everything yo sister want and needs before us, we was suppose to go look at houses the other day, but you bailed .. I rescheduled it and you bailed again .. if you having doubts about us let me know so I can fall back or something , cause I'm all in and I thought you were too."

"You're really looking too deep into this babe,"

"Nah, ion think I am. Something is up and since you wanna play games and act as if you haven't changed then cool I'll fall back on everything until we start seeing eye to eye as a couple again."

"I'm really not in the mood to argue right now, I have to get back to work ya know? Some of us actually have to go to work."

Frowning he looked over at her tryna see what tha fuck she was tryna say. "And what tha hell is that suppose to mean? You know my situation, you know the shop is still under construction and you gon' say that slick shit? Fuck you man."

"Marc-"

"Nah go to work, I'm done talking." Standing up he slipped on some sweats grabbed his keys then walked towards the door with her following behind.

Stepping out he directed her to come out so he could lock up. She went to speak but he stopped her by holding his hand up. "I said I was done talking,"

Walking down the stairs, he left her standing there feeling like shit. Getting inside his car, he reached inside his glove department taking out a small box. Opening it up he looked at the small ring he brought for her shaking his head. At first he was sure that Anaya was the onr but as days passed, she started making him rethink everything.

Pulling out his parking spot, he sat the ring back in the glove departnment trying to see what he wanted to do but he knew before he made any decisions he needed to talk to his boys.