C H A P T E R 38

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - E I G H T

        Waking up, she yawned looking around the room as she stretched her arms in the air. Rubbing her fingers through her hair, she looked to the left of her and saw her husband sleeping peacefully on his back with his arm draped over his face.

Slowly getting out of the bed she walked into the bathroom to brush her teeth. Looking in the mirror at her teared stained face, she grabbed a wash cloth wetting it then wiped her face as tears fell from her eyes.

When she heard the bed shift she peeked her head out the doorway to see it was just him moving around in his sleep. She had a feeling he would be sleep for awhile since he got in from work super late, probably an hour after she arrived home from Derek's house.

Frowning at the thought of his name that instant guilt came back as more tears fell. Last night she couldn't even allow Derek to touch her the way her husband does. She wasn't that female and never did she want to be labeled as that female.

So she stopped it from proceeding any further. Before the two could even reach his bedroom she stood her ground, because deep in her heart she knew it wasn't right and the last thing she wanted to do was hurt her man more than she already has and will.

Derek himself was never the type to ruin relationships, especially a solid realtionship such as Hazel's and Landon's. He hated people like that and he almost became that same person he depised. So when Hazel stopped him right before they could even make it to his bedroom, he snapped out of whatever he was feeling and immediately felt bad.

Hazel still felt guilty that she even kissed Derek when she was suppose to be faithfully committed to her husband but she knew she couldn't take it back now, and she knew she had to confess to her wrong doings soon.

Landon knows Derek they all went to high school together so she knows as soon as he hears Derek name and then proceeds to tell him what happened .. he's gonna be pissed and hurt due to the history they do share from being each others first everything but she hopes they can move passed it since she forgave all of his mistakes he ever made and that he sees that she is truly committed to him and him only.

Especially after everything the two have been through she hoped a kiss wasn't the straw that breaks the camels back. She loved Landon, and after they got married she didn't see herself with anybody else.

Leaving out of the bathroom after she brushed her teeth and cleaned away the tears. She walked over to his side of the bed planting a kiss on his forehead as she slipped out of the bedroom quietly not to wake him up.

Walking into the kitchen she flipped on the light switch then walked over to the sink and reached up to the window that was over it pushing the curtains back to bring in some sunlight.

Turning on the tv in the living room she went to the music channel and played music low enough for her to hear as she thought about what she wanted to cook for breakfast.

Humming to the song Permission by Ro James, she bent down to grab a pan from the bottom cabinet, sitting it on the stove she then reached inside the fridge grabbing the maple bacon along with the eggs and pancake mix to make omelettes. Washing her hands she looked out the window to see the playground set they had all set up shaking her head as she fought back tears.

Drying off her hands, she went back to the stove to start doing what she loved best which was cooking since it was like her getaway. Cooking was something Hazel loved doing ever since she learned everything she needed to know about the kitchen from her grandmother and used that gift every chance she got to clear her mind or just to make herself happy whenever she successfully made a new dish.