C H A P T E R 17

C H A P T E R
S E V E N T E E N

Waking up out her sleep to the sound of her ringing phone, she sighed feeling around her bed until she landed directly on it. Picking it up she slid the bar over taking a deep breath before answering. "Hello?"

"Girl, Marcus is too fuckin' perfect! I woke up to see my room filled with red and white roses and Valentine Day bears and chocolates." Anaya squealed. "And he said its more coming. It's not even Valentines yet and he's spoiling me .. lord what did I do to deserve a man like this?""

Sitting up Alisha wiped the sleep out her eyes, "That's nice sis, but did you have to call me and wake me up out my sleep for this?"

"Oou I'm sorry, I know you're tired from that plane trip .. call me later?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay, love you."

"Love you more Naya,"

Hanging up the phone, she slide it under her pillow and sighed now fully awake. Turning on her side she looked over at Melvin who was knocked out beside her with his mouth agape snoring.

He showed up an hour after she landed and spent the night. He wasn't no Marcus or Ahmad but he did make her happy and she couldn't let him go no matter how many times he hurt her.

Looking at the date she sighed hating this time of the year Valentines day was a day she never celebrated .. she always wanted to but never had anybody to celebrate it with.

Seeing that she was not going back to bed anytime soon, she reached over and grabbed her laptop pulling up her sketches of designs.

Putting her glasses on she started creating new designs for their website. Sending the ideas to Anaya to get her approval, she began surfing the web out of bordem.

After an hour of being up, she felt him shift beside her, looking down at him she saw him rubbing at his eyes, "Whatchu doing up so early?" He asked her.

"Anaya called to tell me what her boyfriend did for her for Valentines so that woke me up and now I'm just surfing the web." She mumbled closing her laptop.

Sometimes she wished Melvin was the type to do shit like that for her, its been two years and he has yet given her a gift, in his eyes his gift was dick. But she knew he would never do that or change.

Scooting closer to her he drapped his arm over her pulling her closer. "You want to do something tomorrow for it?"

Looking down at him, she bit her lip trying to hide the smile that was coming. "What do you want to do?"

Smacking his lips, he chuckled. "Whatever you wanna do ma', its Valentines day .. I know you girls love this little holiday."

Laughing, she nodded. "We haven't been on a date in a while .. can we do that?"

"If that's what you want then I gotchu, just let me know the place."

Leaning up he kissed her lips, as she sighed watching as he moved hovering over her. Bending down he begin placing kisses down her neck, "Let me bless you with some Valentines Day dick, two for one special." He joked making her laugh.