C H A P T E R 26

C H A P T E R
T W E N T Y - S I X

     Tears fell from his eyes as he stared down at the picture in his hands. Rubbing over the picture with his thumb, he shook his head. He woke up earlier that morning with mail and immediately opened the letter but he wasn't expecting this inside.

Hey babe, I would've told you this in person but I was honestly scared of what your reaction may be to this news. but anyways, well surprisingly we're expecting a baby, I'm three months pregnant to be exact.. um I'm not sure how you feel about it, but I'm happy .. I know you wanted to wait until we dated to get yourself together but I consider you my man already and plus with the way you don't use condoms it was bound to happen but here's a picture of the ultrasound I had got the day I found out .. when you get this, call me or write me back ASAP .. I'm sorry if you're upset about this btw, I love you

- Cali

After reading over her letter, he had to admit he was overall excited to be a father especially since Cali was the one who was carrying his child. Hopping off his bunk he tapped the bar of his cell catching the attention of the guard outside. He had to call her, he needed to confirm this news.

"What inmate?"

"Can I take my phone call now? It's urgent Gina."

Looking down at his hands she saw the ultasound then sighed. "Fine, but this will be the only time I'll let you go before your actual time and don't be saying my government name all loud and shit. What's wrong with you?"

Laughing, he took a step back as she used her key to unlock it. Grabbing her cuffs she handcuffed him then escorted him to the phone area, since it was so early nobody was out and Ahmad was thankful for that.

Uncuffing him she stood back against the wall as he dialed Cali's number. The phone rung three times before she answered. "Good morning baby, was you sleep?"

Sitting up in her bed, she yawned. "Yeah but I'll never miss one of your calls, everything okay?"

"Everything is better now, I just got your letter .. we really having a baby?" He asked, already feeling himself getting emotional at the thought.

Ahmad loves kids, they were honestly his weakness hence as to why Marquette had such a major effect on him. He always wanted to have kids of his own but he never knew the opportunity to be a father would have came so soon.

"Yeah I'm really pregnant, are you mad?"

Frowning, he shook his head. "Why would I be mad bae? I'm scared yeah, cause ion know shit about being a father but that's just something you and I as a couple can work on .. I wouldn't want any other woman carrying my child. The way you are with Marquette just shows that my baby boy or baby girl will always be in good hands by having you simply as their mama. So our little peanut head baking in your belly is one of the lucky ones."

Wiping her eyes, she sniffled. "It really means a lot to hear that, and I'm honored to be having your baby as well."

"We gon' get through this alright? Are you showing yet?"

Flipping the covers back, she looked down at her small pudge placing her hand on top of it. "Alittle bit but not a lot, I'm only three months right now."