C H A P T E R 33

Amira, Twan and Imani in MM

C H A P T E R
T H I R T Y - T H R E E

Entering his condo Ahmad sighed taking in this moment. Dropping his bags at the door he looked around the place that had became so foreign to him. Feeling a shove on his leg he looked back to see Marquette trying to push him out the way. Laughing, Ahmad moved to the left letting him enter.

The first place Marquette went to was the couch, shutting and locking the door behind him Ahmad took a seat next to him and just thought back on everything that has happened over the passed few months.

He was finally a free man, all those doubts and worries had finally come to an halt and he was truly blessed. When the judge found him not guilty for the murder getting off the charge with temporary insanity he felt a wave of relief come over his body and he was truly excited when the judge also found him not guilty for the false accusations Melissa made.

She would be going on trail soon for the lies and the breaking and entering charge. His lawyer told him she could be serving up to five years but Ahmad really didn't care. He was just happy he was free at last and back to his regular life.

It had been two weeks since his trial and he was slowly getting back to himself. The investigation about what happened in the prison was still going on but it was a good chance he would be looking at a settlement since a few inmates were coming forward with their own stories about Officer Langston.

He prayed Officer Langston got what he deserved which was prison time, he really didn't care if he got the money or not that would just be a plus he only wanted Justice for himself and the other inmates he mistreated.

And like promised, he was going to see Amira today. It was the last thing he needed to do to become truly happy, which is why Marquette is with him now.

He wanted to stop by his condo to shower and change then meet up with Cal and everybody else at the gravesight but Marquette wanted to tag along with him.

Turning on the tv he changed it to the sprout channel to occupy Marquette's attention while he got ready. Getting up from the couch, he walked towards back bypassing his room and went straight to Amira's room.

Pushing the door open he saw it was just the way he left it. Within the two months she lived with him she had remodeled the whole room painting the walls, hanging lights around the perimeter of it simply made it hers and he was going to keep it that way. Looking at the pictures she had on her dresser of her and her friends he smiled seeing that bright smile of hers that could simply light up a room.

Rubbing his thumb over one of her senior pictures, he smiled. "Shit still doesn't feel real." He mumbled sitting the picture back down.

Going into her closet he pulled her box of memories down from the top that she had since she was a kid looking for a specific picture. Scanning through the box for what felt like hours he finally came across it sighing in relief. Putting the box back where he found it, he walked out closing the door behind him.

Walking into his room, he started tripping out of his clothes. The blinking flash on his iphone caught his attention, grabbing it off his bed he saw it was Cali tryna facetime.

Accepting the call he waited for it to connect before he was met with her beautiful face. "I'm at the flourist shop, you wanted pink and white roses correct?" She asked flipping the camera to show what she was looking at.

"Yeah those are perfect forreal."

Flipping the camera back she smiled. "Okay, I also got the picture frame you wanted and I'm finna get a stand for the flowers then I'll be down."