C H A P T E R 43

Kamry in MM

C H A P T E R
F O R T Y - T H R E E

        "I got sunshineee, on a cloudy day. And when its cold outsideee, I got the month of may." Ahmad sung to Cali as they painted Armoni's room together.

Sitting the paint brush down, he walked over wrapping his arms around her waist singing the words into her ear. "Well I guess you'd say, what can make me feel this way? My girl. Talking bout my girl, my girl."

Rocking to the beat of the song, Cali sung the next verse. "I've got sooo much honey, the bees envy me. I've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees. Well I guess you'd say, what can make me feel this way? My man, talking bout my man, my man." Kissing his lips, she smiled.

Today was going to be a lazy day for them, Armoni's arrival to the world was coming soon. She could literally come at any given moment so Ahmad took off for work letting Dave, Marcus ans Hazel run it so he could be there when she needed him.

But today the shop was closed due to it being sprayed down to kill any rodents or bugs.

But far as Cali and Ahmad, they had everything they needed down to the baby bag, their hospital bag, and other items they would need when the time comes. They prepped all this stuff the day after her baby shower because they wanted to be ready for when she came.

Ashley and Aaron were just waiting on that call, excited for their first grandbaby to arrive. Cali by now was huge, her sleeping was becoming more uncomfortable even sleeping on her side wasn't helping her.

Ahmad hated it for her, he would massage her back and do whatever to try and help but nothing worked.

As they continued listening to old school love song classics, they ended up finishing her whole room. So now all they needed to do was add the crib, the baby changing table and whatever else they brought. "This is turning out good, but are you gonna get someone to help you bring the crib and stuff up here?" Cali asked and he nodded taking pictures of the room.

"I was gon' call Marcus and Twan to come over to help." He explained while texting away on his phone. "Who are you texting? Your phone has been going off all morning."

Looking up he shook his head no then slipped it in his pocket, "Nobody, but I gotta go. I'll be right back, you need anything?"

"Um no, I can't come with you?" She asked following him out the room into their room.

"I'm not even gonna be gone an hour babe, thirty minutes tops." He told her, changing clothes.

When his phone vibrated on the dresser, she went to grab it but Ahmad damn near sprinted across the room to get it before she could. Grabbing his phone, he read the text that whoever sent him then slid it in his pocket.

Cali eyed him wondering what was going on, since he was acting mad supicious but decided not to even trip because she knew Ahmad wasn't stupid enough to do anything that could jeopardize what they have built so far.

"Alright, I'm gone baby."

Walking towards him, she kissed his lips then slipped her tongue in his mouth as she held her hand on the back of his neck letting him know this is what he has at home, and if he was about to walk out that door and do something stupid she wanted him to think twice.

Pulling away, she smiled then walked passed him leaving him their stuck and bothered. He hated and loved when she did that shit. Shaking his head with a smile, he grabbed his keys off the nightstand then walked downstairs to see Cali just now making it to the end of the steps. "Pregnant ass," He joked. Flicking him off she walked into the living taking a seat.