Chapter 1 - I Might Die Seeing You Dance Like That

It's just like any other day. Ever since I became a trainee here, at the 3 biggest entertainment company in South Korea, I now live in the daily routine life. To be honest, I love it. I love routines. I'm a person who simply love to do whatever the life gave me. It never cross my mind tho that I will pass the audition. I just love to rap, sing and dance, that's all. It's been 2 years since then. I go to school in the morning, and then I go to my company to train, without even you know it, it's already 8pm and time to go home. It's so simple like that. When I have an exam period, the company reduce my training time, so I go study by myself. On school break, I train even more, I dedicated myself to train hard. All I wanna do is to show how good I am in this industry. What I like even more, that I got to meet my favorite singer of this company. The reason I chose this entertainment, is because my ultime favorite Kpop singer all the time is Oneday. I passed the audition sang 2AM songs, rapped and danced to 2PM's song. It's a cliche reason, I know. I fall in love with them, not because of their good looking faces or so. I love their background story, their hardship towards debut day. Especially for senior Jokwon, and senior Jaebum. Too bad, that Jaebum senior had to leave the company. My love for Kpop music was balanced with my love for Kpop indie musicians, and international indie musics as well. I totally love them equally. My dream is to be a singer, that I could also writing a song since I love to compose a song too. That's perhaps what made me stay with this routines. With this goals in my mind, I know and believe that someday I could make it happen. Not to mention, I met a great fellow here. I always admire Jihyo Unnie, she's been trainee for 9 years. She's great at everything. She's my role model. Then there's also Jeongyeon Unnie, Nayeon Unnie and Minyoung Unnie, they are the 4 years old trainee here, their talents also unspeakable. I passed the audtion at 2012 along with Dahyun Unnie, Jiwon Unnie, Momo Unnie, Sana Unnie, Tzuyu. I admire Momo, Sana and Tzuyu resepectively. They came from another country to pursure their passion here. As a trainee that I close to, I would say Dahyun Unnie, she's the type that could get close to anyone anyway. But, I will always care for Tzuyu since we're at the same age. Moreover, she came from Taiwan and seem have no idea about South Korea, I tried to be there for Tzuyu. If I put myself in her shoes, I don't think that I will be able to live without my parents in another country at my age now, I always thought that Tzuyu is a cool person despite of her quite personality. Each day we always wondered, when the entertainment will announce their plan to debut us.

It's just like any other day in the building, we gather around before we start the dance practice. It's January, the coldest month in Seoul. After Christmas break, we back again at the buliding, practicing. Now, it's around 10 of us. The dance teacher suddenly interrupt us, she bring a girl behind them. She started to gather us with her clap.

"Guys, gather please"

We can't help but to realize and talking about the girl behind her. It must be a new trainee. We are sure.

"I would like to introduce a new trainee here" She pat her shoulder, and take the spot.

"Hello, I'm Myoui Mina, I'm the new trainee here. Please take care of me" Mina said while bowing to others.

Momo raise her hand to ask her.

"Are you from Japan, Mina-ri?"

"Yes, my Korean isn't really good yet, so I think I will mix them with English words or maybe Japanese if I happened to not knowing the words, I'm sorry"

"No need to be sorry, here Momo Unnie and Sana Unnie is also Japanese, they are sooooo good at Korean, you could ask them to translate it of you don't know" Mina nooded to Jihyo Unnie, and smile to Sana and Momo.

"I'm Jihyo, by the way. Nice to meet you"

Mina nooded as well. Mina must be shy around the new people since she's new and she's even a foreigner.

"How old are you?" Minyoung Unnie ask her.

"I was born in 1997, so I'm 17 years old. Oh, maybe I'm 18 in korean age then"

"Wah, you're older then! Unnie~~~" Minyoung try to act cute.

"Well, finally! My friend!" Jihyo then shake her hand, indicate that Mina and her are the same age. Ah, I should adress her as Unnie then. Thank God, Minyoung Unnie ask her that. She immediately join us and greet us one by one. Of course as expected, she become attach to Momo Unnie and Sana Unnie first.

"Hi" I then greet her and shake her hand.

"Chaeyoung," I said my name "Nice to meet you, Mina Unnie" She nod.

She then smile to me, and I smile at her back. I feel itch for while. She's so pretty. So pretty. She looks like someone who came from a cartoon character. I always have this feeling, everytime the entertainment brought a new member from foreign country, I always want to take care of them.

I will never forget everthing about that first day she come to our building. She wear a black padding jacket, inside she wear a mickey mouse white hoodie, black long pants, her new balance shoes, with her black backpack. One thing that I also couldn't forget about her is, when she show us her ballet dance. The dance teacher told us that Mina Unnie has 11 years experience. I really love ballet dance. I can't never do that dance since it's too girly for me, but I really enjoy the performance. I even took my time to came to the nearest theatre in my neighboorhood when they have a ballet recital. My favorite type of ballet is always be the classical Swan Lake. And today Mina Unnie show us her skill in Swan Lake. I can't stop starring at her at that time. My heart swings as the Danses des cygnes from the audio, I really can't stop starring at her. Then, Mina Unnie give us the closing salution. Everyone in the room clapping.

"Our Black Swan" I mumble to myself, but everyone's seems hear it.

They give me nods, signing to agree with me. Minna Unnie say thank towards me in inaudible language. That's the first time my heart ache for hear. It feels itch for some reason. Why is it so nice to get a thanks from her? I just smile to her.

"Guys, I also would like to announce something as well" The manager team suddenly take the spotlight.

"As far as I know, all of you live near Seoul except Jeongyeonnie and Jihyo, right? It's not easy to commute we understand that. Well, in 2 months, JYP request all of you the Korean member to live nearby, hence we purchased a dorm. So it will be easier for us to accomodate you guys for practice. We already speak to your parents and they agreed. As you also know, the foreign members are now live together as well, I personally don't want to seperate Korean members and foreign members, but let me arrange it first so you could blend in into one dorm"

My jaw is about to drop, all of sudden, JYP wants us to move. We know it by heart that something big would happen. He probably preparing us to debut. Finally. At time like I don't want to exegerrate things. For us, it's very uncertain. Of course, trainees like the Unnies will debut first, especially Jihyo Unnie who's been the trainee for 9 years. I just happy and sad at the same time at the fact that I'll be leaving home soon, but for the greater good, I'll became independent and try not to be a spoiled girl. I know it would be hard, but as I watch Tzuyu who's able to endure this training system, I become motivated.