Chapter 19 - On My Way to Choose The Happiness

This surprise birthday party things will take a break soon after Tzuyu's birthday. Since the next birthday is going to be Nayeon Unnie in September. Tzuyu, my friend will turn 21 just like me. Tzuyu loves a party, that's why we create her birthday to be real fantastic. With the help of our friends, we rented a big night club in Seongnam. Jeongyeon Unnie never ran out of the idea, this time she will set up a Masquerade ball for the theme. We are asked to wear a mask for this party. It's a yes from me, I don't have to interact with people if I wear a mask. It's not really a surprise party since Tzuyu already knows about the party, what Tzuyu doesn't know is how big the party is.

We all prepare to welcome Tzuyu. We could say that Tzuyu is our famous member. She really is. She's our visual, thanks to her that so many people love us. I could see so many high profilers in Tzuyu's party. The past 4 years Tzuyu spread her wings even wider, from individual CF through her acting debut in a primetime drama. Our members have so many talents, it would be a waste if they don't explore it. When Tzuyu enters the room, all eyes on her. We can't help it. Last year, she got a title for the most beautiful woman in Korea. She deserves it tho. She's so elegant with her black long dress and a 10cm heel, and a colorful mask covering her face. Even with a mask, we already know it's her. She has the vibe.

I don't really enjoy a party, but it's Tzuyu's party. Tzuyu always told me that it'll be fine if I want to go home early. But, it's her party once again. I sit on the table at the corner when everyone's busy dancing on the dance floor. I am just looking around, everyone's seem had so so much fun. A message comes to my phone.

"Too loud for you, isn't it?" It's from Samuel.

I try to search my surrounding, is he here too? Even so, all the invitees wear a mask, I won't recognize. Another text come.

"8 o'clock direction. Bar"

I see him, sitting at the bar, no one sitting at the bar but him. He's wearing a mask as well, covering his eyes. He waves a little. 

"Tzuyu invited me days ago, I just wanted to personally say happy birthday to her"

"I don't want to make you feel uncomfortable, I'm sorry" He text again.

"No, I am not" I reply to him while giving him smile.

Waiter suddenly comes to me giving me a drink.

"It's from the man at the bar"

I nod in thank you. He text me again.

"It's Malibu. It's light. You'll love it"

"YA! You're a minor!"

"That's why I give it to you, I'm having a coke now. In the US, I'm not a minor tho......."

It's indeed good. I could taste pineapple, I love pineapple.

"Someone I know said to me that a girl should enjoy Malibu in order to relax. Relax! You look tense. Enjoy the drink, Noona"

"Thank you" I reply. I raise my glass to him. I could only see his smile.

"When I see you sitting alone, I really want to go there, but with your members and your staffs all around me, I prefer to say hi in a text, I hope it's not rude"

Samuel and his consideration mind. He's so thoughtful.

"I know, Sam" I text him again.

"By the way, even with a mask covering your face, to me you're still beautiful"

To be honest I don't really know when someone texts me like this. But he's making me blush all of sudden.

"Noona, I have another schedule, I have to go. Bye"