Chapter 26 - Pushing The Reset Button

Life as an Idol. I can't even celebrate my first anniversary with my boyfriend. I can't even celebrate Christmas with him this year. Samuel got busy with his Japan debut. He will be in Japan for a month. But he'll be back around January. I said to him that we should celebrate his birthday together. He'll be back before his birthday. It's okay tho, I am also busy as fuck, but I told JYPE that I want a day off for Christmas. I want to visit my family. It's been almost a year since the last Christmas. My family and I live in Seoul but I happened to never go home. What a shame. That's why I beg to take time off at Christmas. At least for Christmas.

It's my favorite time of the year, and I should always celebrate Christmas with my parents and my brother. I go to my house a little late at 7 pm, I promise to my family that I will be home at 8 pm to have a dinner together. Today we also celebrate Jeonghunnie graduation and his acceptance to college. Samuel is also graduate from high school. I go home. It's 7.30, thank God I make it home. I press the house pause code and make a big entrance.

"I AM HOME!"

My mother and father hug me. It's been a year since I went home, even though we sometimes eat together at a restaurant nearby. Jeonghun also hugs me in front of the door. But there's another one in the kitchen, is it my aunt? All of sudden, I see a figure. She turn and smile at me.

"Unnie?" I am so confused why is she even here. 

"Hi, Chaengie!"

"I called Mina to know where she is. She's in Seoul. I can't bear to think that she will spend this night alone, I invite her here" Mom say that to me. My mom is an angel, I am so thankful for her considerate heart, but......... I don't need this now. It is the best day for me, she could wither lift my mood or turn it upside down. I hope she won't ruin this. Oh my God, why do I have to think about this? We are okay now, isn't it? I mean, we have decent conversation nowadays. I don't have to be so negative about this.

I realize that I don't say anything yet after Mom told me about Mina Unnie.

"You should actually celebrate this with your family only, Mam. I am sorry, Chaengie" Mina Unnie say to my Mom and me.

"No, you're also our family, Minari" Dad say it to Mina Unnie.

"Yes Unnie, celebrate with us. Please" I say it with smile. I will be awkward if I don't say it. Guess I am still holding a grudge towards her. I still remember about my Christmas in Japan. But I have to be mature, I don't want to hate her because of that.

I enter my bedroom and close it for a while. I take a deep breath. I have to be chill about this. Hey, remember about Samuel already. Someone knock from the outside and open my door. It's Mina Unnie.

"Ah Unnie" She comes to my bedroom. Stand it awkwardly.

"Chaengie, I am sorry"

"What for?"

"You must be shocked, but your Mom and Dad call me, and ask me where I am. They said that I have to be here immediately, I can't just ignore their request, I am sorry if I make you uncomfortable"

"Unnie! What are you talking about?"

"You should be with your family without a stranger, I am sorry. You really like Christmas"

"You are not a stranger at all, Unnie. And I am so fine with that. I don't want you to celebrate Christmas alone as well, Unnie" I smile to her.

We have a great dinner just like a family. It feels like 4 years ago when I invited her to my house to had a Christmas dinner.

This time I give my mom a gold necklace with diamond, a watch for my dad and a ninebot for Jeonghun. He's been begging to me for a Ninebot. Thank God that I could give my family a little present after doing so well this year.