Chapter 23 - She's The Kind of Girl Who Puts You Down

Everyday I feel Grateful that Samuel came into my life. He lifted some heavy burden on my shoulder and mind. He's a decent man. We both young, we both still trying to figure it out what's best for each other. I told Samuel that I won't be the same as avarage girl in Seoul. I'm so ignorant, don't expect me to be lovey dovey all the time, I have zero aegyo, I love my "me" time. I am so selfish and stubborn. He's also an earth sign, he's capricorn. The way we act to each other kinda same. He respect my time, I do respect his. Another thing that I really like about him, he also doesn't do what a Seoul man do. He doesn't celebrate Valentine's and White day. Thank God, cause for me it's all pointless. Just me and my idealism.

Having a relationship with him is like having a male best friend. We try to be that couple. I like to think that he's my best friend/boyfriend/dongsaeng. Can't help it, sometimes he could act like Jeonghunnie. Having someone to share an opinion, thoughts, feelings, is the perks of having a boyfriend to me.

It's spring again in Seoul. March. March.........her birthday. Mina Unnie and I become distant after the last time I met her in Gangneung, Yes, we are all still living under the same roof, but we have less interaction. Zero even. If she has free time she would spend it with Bam Oppa and her other liners. I know it from Bam Oppa's SNS tho. He's the most up-to-date person. With our individual schedule, our member has less interaction as well as a group. Jihyo Unnie still keeps the conversation alive in our group chats. I talk mostly to Tzuyu and Nayeon Unnie. Ah, after Sana Unnie's birthday last year, Jeongyeon Unnie decided to end her birthday surprise game, I guess she's tired to give everyone surprises. 8 of us.

This year we keep it low, we celebrate Jihyo Unnie birthday in our dorm, Without Sana Unnie and Dahyun Unnie at that time. I realize now that it's hard to gather us now under the same place. I am a bit sad to know that actually. But it really is a part of our life. 

24 March, I wake up feeling confused, whether I should saying happy birthday to her in the morning, or not at all. I go to the kitchen for taking a glass of water. She's there, on the dining table reading a book. Mina Unnie has these hobbies now. First, read a book, second is hiking. Playing game is still her top list tho. I stand in front of her and giving my hand to her.

"Unnie, Happy birthday!"

She closes his book and takes off her glasses.

"Ah, thanks" She received my handshake.

She gets up heading to her room.

"Ah, Chaengie!" She calls my name and turns to me again.

"Yes, Unnie?"

"Tonight, come to Seoulong Oppa's bar, NERD"

It's her birthday, perhaps she will celebrate it at NERD. Even though my mind tells me not to come, it's an event that I couldn't just refuse. Mina Unnie's is my member in the first place. I always ask myself, how long do I have to dodge from her? We might never know that someday perhaps, I could have another overseas tour and I could stuck with her again. I need to overcome this.

"Ah, okay Unnie"

She nods and heads to her room. I will come after my schedule done.

It's the most tiring photoshoot ever. Perhaps it's all because I am not photogenic enough. It's not easy to match High Cut's taste. Still, I am over the moon when they told me that I'll be featured on their cover tho. Oh shit, it's 10 pm already? I hope I am not late to Mina Unnie's party. Strange, my group chat is not lousy as usual. Our members must be there already. It's pretty close from my studio, I ride with my manager.

Someone calls me on my way there, I don't recognize the caller.

"Hello?"

"Is this Chaeyoungssi?"