Chapter 22 - 2020

*Note: No Mina again in this chapter, I am sorry. But she will be here, tomorrow, I promise!

Time flies, it's 2020 already. As I mention to Sam, we couldn't celebrate the New Year because we both celebrated it on the stage of MBC Gayo Daejun. Yes, we just exchange a glare once, that time. I know it well that so many fans came. If they smell about our relationship, there will be a bad blood. Samuel and I need to be careful. I even mention to Samuel that he can't tell her ideal type that similar to my appearance. Thank God, that I purchased a common city car last year. Fans could identify my motive if I bought a flashy car even though I didn't date anyone that time. We tend to be real careful in front of the camera even when there's no camera. Paparazzi are so cruel.

January is also Samuel's birthday month. I hate this. I wish that I'm just a regular citizen who could throw him a party, perhaps in Hongdae or Sinchon. Where an ordinary couple spent the time. I really just want to stroll around Dongdaemun with him perhaps. Han River is now full of reporters. Too many eyes. I ran out of ideas. At the end, I contacted Brave PD and his managers to help me a bit.

January 17. I already clear out my schedule for him. I know from his managers that he's going to celebrate his birthday with his entertainment, this weekend. So on the day, he would have just scheduled at afternoon. After that, he will have free time. I decided to surprise him quietly. I don't know many friends that own a restaurant. So, I will give him birthday meal at his house. I will cook. Sure I will make him seaweed soup for start. Then I will cook a simple dish like pasta. Samuel did mention that he miss Tex-Mex foods. I will make him tacos and nachos then. Thank God there's a technology called the internet.

Samuel has no idea at all. I told him that I have a schedule in Suncheon. And he believes me. What could possibly happen at cold month January in Suncheon anyway? Samuel knows as well that I don't really celebrate a birthday, he would think that I won't celebrate his birthday as well. I purposely forget his birthday.

Around 8 pm, his managers text me that he's already downstairs. He's so tired and having a bad mood according to his managers. He must be mad at me for not saying anything. He's usually talkative to me at chats, but since 9 am he hasn't text me anything. I could hear he's outside as he pushes his door. I already turn off the light. I am hiding in his living room.

He turns on the light and immediately he look at the dining table because there's a candle that illuminates the room. He's shock.

"Happy birthday to you" I sing the birthday the song to him while holding a cake.

He seems surprised and confused at the same time. He runs his neck and his head. He couldn't believe. I move closer to him.

"Make a wish" He closes his eyes and blow the candle. He hasn't said a word to me. Still, amaze and confuse.

"Sammy?" I try to resuscitate him.

"Hem?"

"Why aren't you say something?"

He rubs his face. I take a deep breath and smile.

"I really thought that you forget my birthday, really. I don't expect any of this. Everyone's today saying birthday to me, but no from you"

"I communicate with your manager a lot today, I don't want you to know. I am already here since 4 pm. Your manager even gives me the house code. You must feel hurt, huh?"

I put down the cake to the dining table to hug him. I look at him.

"You must be mad at me"

"No"