Chapter 17 - You Saved The Day.

Since I know Samuel late January, it means we've been text each other almost 3 months now. He is truly a good companion. A very good friend. I believe as a guy, Samuel must know already that I don't have any interest to take our relationship to the next level. He can read that, I know that he's smart. But he never makes me annoyed, never. He's approaching me slowly, and always be there. Perhaps it's all because we are in 'that' phase. Where he always want to leave a good impression to me. One thing that I really like about him, is his honesty. He never hides his feeling. I like it because maybe, I always hide my feeling and eat it away. I admire him cause he could do the opposite.

I remember a week ago, I went to the coffee shop with him. The one near Somi's. This time without Somi, this time we both alone. We talk about everything. From his hobbies and mine. We both love sports a lot. He likes to work out, I really like sports games. I really like basket ball and NBA, she does he. He likes to bowl and archery. So do I. He loves American TV shows as he mentions to me before. Well, I also love American TV shows. If I could choose, I want to live and die in LA. He's from LA tho. I felt like I could be my whole self when I'm with him. I suddenly forget about our age gap. He's like a male friend to me. A good one. Tzuyu always asks that whether I develop any feeling for him or not. I always said no. And she will be added, not yet. I do feel comfortable with him, but I don't want this to be a rebound.

My birthday is just a day away. The way my members won't respond at any of my chats, I know that they're planning on something for my birthday. I am thankful that I have my 2nd family like my members. But, if I could choose. I don't really like celebrating my birthday. No, I'm not one of those girls who against birthday party. But, I just like to spend it alone, quietly. It's a birthday, the day where you got older. I like to think in a time like this. But I can't also tell my member to keep it low, they will feel hurt.

As expected, Yoo Jeongyeon Unnie throws a birthday party for me. You know, when you got a birthday surprise like this, like what Jeonyeon Unnie did to all of us, we got so frustrated when her birthday comes up. Tzuyu told Jeongyeon Unnie that I love quite place. Hence, Jeongyeon Unnie celebrate my birthday in my favorite bar, and she didn't invite so many people. She just invited our JYPE family. It's my birthday, it's good, it's blasting, when I arrived they throw confetti and things. All my family congratulates me. Until I realize something.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SON CHAEYOUNG!" Sana Unnie comes to me with a big present. I receive it.

"Thanks, Unnie-ya"

"Minari told me to say sorry that she caught up with her photo session in Gwangju, she couldn't come"

That statement for Sana Unnie feels like a truck hit me now.

"Ah that's fine Unnie, no worries" Me, again and again, telling lies.

Out of any person in the room, all I want to see is her face. The only figure that I waiting for. But she couldn't come. She couldn't. It's work, I tell my self to calm down. I can't also turn down work for someone's party. I ask myself again and again. Oh no, I can. If it's her party, I'll leave my work. But again people are different. The way I and she see the world is different. I get sad because of that. I don't want her gift, I just want her to be here now. I probably couldn't have interaction with her, we don't have to, as long as I could see her face in my day. This is also why I hate birthday party. When someone that I really want to be here can't be here, it just kills me. Now, I should put my happy face on my face till the party over. It's my birthday, I should at least be happy or Jeongyeon Unnie who prepared all this would feel down.

"Thanks for making my day, all of you. I am so happy in this 21 years old. Thank God that I have a perfect life. I do what I love. Jeongyeon Unnie, thank you for this party. You never failed to amaze me when it comes to throwing a party. Now I am really confused on what should I do when your birthday comes" I say it as Jeongyeon Unnie wants me to lead the toast. All the audience laugh at me.