Chapter 10 - Sleepless in Switzerland

Thank God that the scandal end by itself. Mina Unnie can smile again. I really love seeing her smile. After Knock Knock promotion we got some time off and we will visit Switzerland. Switzerland! I really want to go to Europe, I really love Europe. I once mention that I really want to go to Europe when winter. But we visited Switzerland, where I can enjoy the eternal snow. Feels like winter as well isn't it? After a long promotion we deserved a holiday, tho it's just 5 days trip and we will shoot Twice TV5 as well, still a holiday to me. It's our first trip together, abroad. Unfortunetely Jihyo Unnie couldn't join us due to her knee injury. Totally feel incomplete without her. 

We arrived in the afternoon. Our first night in Bern, Switzerland. I get a room with Dahyun Unnie and Nayeon Unnie. We tease Dahyun Unnie that it's going to be hard for her since we both late nighters, and Dahyun loves to sleep a lot. But since it's the first day, I guess all my members are tired from the long ride plane. Nayeon Unnie unexpectedly sleep first than Dahyun Unnie. And one thing that can not change is I can't sleep on the day one as usual. As all my roommates are sleeping, I slowly step out from my room, carrying my analog camera. I peek from the window, Bern is really pretty at night. I decided to go down, strolling around the hotel. I put my jacket. It's spring already but still 8 degrees out there. It was cold but bearable. I take the elevator. I was on the 7 floor, it stop at the 4th floor, when it opens, I saw the figure that I really know. My favorite shape. It's Mina Unnie. She doesn't seem so surprised seeing me. She enters the elevator.

"Guess it's already a habit right, Chaengie?"

I scratch my hair and reply her "Yes, Unnie. How about you then?"

"I am hungry hahaha, I saw a food stall outside our hotel, seems nice"

"But, it's 11 pm" I check my watch

"Wanna bet? If it's close then I'll just stroll to find a market then. How about you? What's with the camera?"

"I peek at the scenery from my room, it's pretty I would like to take pictures"

"Do you need a model then?"

"If you don't mind then okay!"

I finally spend a night with her, strolling around our hotel. This city, every corner is a beautiful place, really. The old town feeling, that I can't get from Seoul unless you went to Hanok village. It's really beautiful. I love taking pictures with her, I don't really like to be photographed, instead, I really love taking pictures. She's a good model, perfect for Switzerland. When it's just the two of us, she could act so girly around, she always circling her arms around put her hand into my pocket cause I get hot pack inside. We walk side by side. Strolling around, taking pictures, eat local foods. I always want to do that whenever I go to new place. Live like locals. It matters also with who you spend the time. Maybe I just get this happy because she's there. I would be different if I enjoy this night by myself. The night's over so easily, I go back to our hotel at 1 am. Too bad I can check my camera since it's an analog. But I bet I took good pictures with it.

Remember that I mention that universe never allows me to be paired up with Mina Unnie? It does happen again in Switzerland. It somehow annoys me. But at the same time I like our distance, she's an Aries, she might get bored easily if you happened to meet often, she could feel that. She will feel annoyed. That is why I always keep our distance.  

Lately, I surrender to the universe regarding her situation. But, I never get a chance to be with Mina Unnie. On the other hand, she also seems fine with this. I mean, she used to lean one me. But now, Mina Unnie seem to hesitate to approach me. I know that I am easy to replace, but she's not even interested again. That is why I surrender myself to the universe, cause either both of us will make a move first. I'm too shy, she's too proud. In Switzerland, we switch partners for 4 days. I really never got a chance. I am so unlucky with this. 

It is until the last day we just strolling around having some free time. It's our last day and we visit Lucerne. Lucerne has a beautiful view. I guess every spots in Switzerland are beautiful. Nayeon Unnie and Jeongyeon Unnie lead us to Jesuit Church in Lucerne. The famous church. From the outside, it's very beautiful. I will always have admires to old Catholic church like this. When we enter the room, the choirs are practicing. It's too beautiful. We sit at the back, we're just silent and stunning with the view. They have a big pipe orgel, a pretty layout, just like the one you saw in the movie. I become quite as I dissolved with the choir's melody. Mina Unnie si beside me, I can also tell that she can't stop adoring this beautiful church. Suddenly she whispers to me.

"Do you want to pray at Virgin Mary statue?"

I look at her and nod. "Let's go".

We lit the candle and start to pray. 

God, Thank you for everything that happened to me the past 18 years. You never failed to amaze me. I am living the dream now, thanks to You. Thank You that I could visit Switzerland and enjoy the day. Please continue to give blessing for me, my family and my members. Especially the one beside me. I hope that You will always give her healthiness, happiness, and prosperity at everything. I care about her so much God, I don't know why. While I can't always be beside her all the time, please protect her at any cost. I hope that I could visit this church again someday soon, perhaps with this woman beside me. I know that you hear me now, God. Amen

As I said Amen, I peek at her, she's still praying. Is she saying my name in her prayers? Could it be? Ah I'm just daydreaming. 

We leave the church and strolling around Reuss river, creating the last memories. The last day where there's no partner assignment I realize that I lean to her a lot. As I check my phone gallery, I took so many pics of us as well. Hell of a trip. A nice one.