Chapter 37 - You Are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine

*Note: Back to Chaeng's POV again

She turns her phone off. I've been trying to reach her since I touched down Osaka. But I will find her. Here I am on the train, heading towards Wakkanai.

Here's my plan on finding her, Wakkanai is a small city. Okay, not that small. First thing first, I'll rent a car to look around, Wakkanai stretched from coast to coast, I should take a look. Based on my research, there are only 19 hotels here, I already opened Agoda, Hotelscombine, Booking.com and Hotels.com, all the sites gave me the same information regarding hotels. 5 guest houses at Airbnb. But I know she's not an Airbnb person. She must stay in a hotel. From the 19 hotels that I found, I make a possible list one. Mina Unnie hates to stay in a shabby hotel or B&B services. I should narrow my options to 10 hotels. She will most likely stay near the beach, and far from the crowd.

When Minna Unnie decided to go to Wakkanai, she has to go to the northernmost point. I should think what she thinks. I should make predictions in order to found her. I know that she would visit Cape Soya. I should also narrow down places that she would most likely to visit. Wakkanai also didn't have so many tourist attractions. But she would be anywhere. I really should find her and tell her how I feel, before it's too late.

I arrive in Wakkanai. When I get off from the train, all I could see is white all over the place. Snowfall, it's so gloomy yet beautiful. I could also smell the sea nearby. It was so cold, so different from Osaka's weather. I check the weather forecast, it's -10 Celsius degree. No wonder. I immediately go to the car rental place by taxi. Then I checked in to my hotel, I already booked it online. I had 6 hours on the train, I can even sleep thinking about how am I going to find her. It's late, it's almost 10 pm. The air also got really cold, I should continue my journey tomorrow.

I thought that I could sleep, but I am fully awake until this morning. I know that my body's tired. I only slept for 2 hours. My mind couldn't stop thinking. I take my car with my around 7 am in the morning after eating breakfast. I also checked it in my hotel, there's no one name Myoui Mina. Of course the first destination I go to Cape Soya. It is located far from the city center. I really want her to be there. Visiting a beach in the weather sure it's a bad idea. Winter air mix with sea air, it's so cold even for me who really love winter. Mina Unnie kind of hate winter since she's grown up in Kansai region. I can't imagine that she would be in this weather. Yes in Cape Soya there's a monument which indicated the northernmost point in Japan. Russia is just miles away. That place is filled with around 20 people who take pictures, most of them are western people, I didn't see her there. I sit there waiting for her, I sit in a really cold winter for almost 2 hours. Okay, she's not here. Not today. I then drive again hotels to hotels. There is a hotel nearby who I believe that a person like Mina Unnie would stay in a place like this. The building is aesthetic and it's near the beach. But, again she's not there. It's full of English tourists.

I visit Soya Misaki Shrine also near Cape Soya. Mina Unnie loves a quiet place, Shrine must be a good idea for her to clear her head. No one there at that time. I visit 3 different hotels there and 4 tourist attractions around Cape Soya including Soya Hills as people called it. New Zealand of Japan, but all of the tourist spots, there's no sign of her. Time seems to run so fast today. It's already 3 pm in the afternoon. I should head back to the city. So many hotels also on my list who sits in the city. I should eat too, I've been eating anything since breakfast. I drive again to the city. I eat near Wakkanai station. I then park my car at the hotel, then I take a walk to Wakkanai park. I see a Hakumon Shrine in the park, I immediately go there, hoping that Mina would be there. Hakumon Shrines is a beautiful and magical place. You could feel the peacefulness around it, not to mention that it's beautiful that the shrine covered by snow. But, she's not there as well. I take my pocket camera to also make my mind at ease.