Chapter 9 - It Hurt, Looking at Her Hurt

2017 finally! I am not a person who created some resolution for every year. I always let myself go with the flow. I am getting more confuse when people ask me about what my dream is. I can't even said it. Maybe I don't even have a dream. Am I lucky? I always considered myself as a lucky girl. I do what I love now. I love to sing, to rap, to dance. I also love to draw. And I can do that things at the same time, it's pure joy. I thank God that 2016 went smoothly. We received so many loves. Won tons of music show, even won an award. We missed rookie awards, but within the year we got song of the year, artist of the year. I am so proud of my team.

2017, I decided to cut my hair really short. I thought I would hate this boyish look, but I love it too much. Of course fans are mad at me perhaps, but I want to do what I want. Even JYP himself shocked when he saw me with this new haircut. He said, next time I should gave him a heads up first, my bad. First thing that happen in 2017 is Idol Athlectic Championship. I really love this time. Time to meet another group and have talk with them, make friends. That's always be my theory, fact is I will be enjoying my time with my member.

Mina Unnie's get her chance to show off her skill again this time. She through a hard time last year when she failed too much in ISAC 2016. She even cried, I know how hard she practiced. That time we also buy with TT comeback, she even made time to practiced at the gym even for a late night. On the D-day, she was just nervous. This time, she prepared even harder, I once came to the gym to saw her practice. She and her determined mind are so something that worth watching. She did everything just beautifully especially when it's related to ballet and flexibility. This time, she will win for sure. She's so nervous since the dawn. The rhythm gymnastic is the last competition. She has to be nervous for 6 hours. But, she's Mina Unnie, she won't let you recognize that she's nervous. The whole time she's just sitting still behind me. Her eyes fixed to one point, she even humming her song for the performance all the time. All of sudden she hug me from the behind.

"Are you nervous, Unnie" I have to ask this while I'm the one who nervous now too probably.

"Hemm" She say it while resting her chin on my shoulder.

"Don't worry" I pat her head. "Just do your best, no need to think that you have to bring our team the gold medal"

"Hemm" She say it again with pouting, I peek at her, she's too cute.

"I need strength from you" She say it again.

"Here let me give you" I put my hands on top of her hands and stroking it. "Don't be too nervous, okay? What ever the result is, I know how hard you tried, I know how hard you practice. The output will never betray the process, Unnie"

"Thank you. As expected you could give me strength"

"You're welcome"

We sit in that position for a very long time. Talking about random things in order to get her mind subside. I am happy that she hold me and I holds her now.

I really really love watching her doing a dance. She did dance so beautifully. This time she chose a ball to be her property. They said that ball is the hardest property since it has round shape. But Mina Unnie did it perfectly, no mistake like last year. Perfect. As I said, the output will never betray the process, we took home the gold medal for sure. She's the only athlete who done it with perfection. She cried again this time, a good cry. As my members hug her, I just watch her. She whispers thank you to me. That's enough, I don't have to hug her, she knows already that I feel proud of her.

Thanks to my men haircut, we have 2 short haircuts in our group now. I now become the new girl crush. I don't expect that, I don't want that title. That belongs to Jeongyeon Unnie forever. I think I will grow back my hair just like OOH AHH period. I love short hair cut. It suits me. It wasn't until Super Event that Jeongyeon Unnie forced me to said "I love you" to Mina Unnie. It was one of the moments where I should tell good words the other person beside me, Mina Unnie happened to sit beside me. I was calm. I told her what I really feel about her. I don't like seeing her hurt herself when Idol Athletic, she was already pretty I don't have anything to say about her prettiness, then Jeongyeon Unnie whispered to me that I should tell her, I love you. Without giving a second thought, I said it while whisper to her. She was so timid with my action, I can't stop laughing at my action to cover my nervousness.