Chapter 36 - Her Story (Unanimous Decision)

*Note: the last part of Mina's POV

New year, there should be a new resolution. I woke up feeling lonely at January 1st. All my members were gone. I didn't know why but we got busy. I stayed at home as I still needed time to adjust since my left foot never touches the ground again from the past 3 months. But I can walk properly. I felt startled as Chaeng was entering my room. She was home. She asked me to ate with her. She was cooking New Year dishes. It was just the two of us, but she cooked for like 9 people. We ate graciously. She was there with me at New Year. She then suggested us to went out to Seokcheon Lake. It's been odd the last 2 years. We never relished snowfall on Christmas or New Year. Snows always came in early December and the end of January. The past 2 years was different. Chaeyoung then took me to Seokchon Lake. It was always pretty when the cherry-blossomed at Seokcheon, she bet that it also will pretty as well as the snowfall. It was the New year, she assured me that there will be no one there. I complied. Yes, she was right. All along Han River was all white. She drove carefully. It was all white. She must be so happy since Winter and snowfall are her favorite.

We sat by the Lake. We sat by the lake again since last Christmas. Christmas where I promised myself that I should get over her. I also promised myself that I will change this feeling at 2022, but the first thing that happened in this year was me strolled around with her in the beautiful winter. I know now why she really loves park. Just there, sitting towards the lake, gave you calm. She grabbed a coffee from a store nearby. She did remember what I really love. Caramel macchiato. We sipped our coffee. Hot coffee and winter. Perfect. 

A perfect moment as well to told her my plan. Plan on leaving JYPE.

"Chaengie" I called her name, but my face was still facing the lake.

"Yes, Unnie" She turned her face to me.

"I am not going to renew my contract"

"Pardon?" She must be shocked at this.

"I am not going to renew my contract" I said again. I wasn't kidding. Somehow, I wanted her to pull me off. To said that she can't let me go. I wanted her to say that she couldn't leave without me. It was only my imagination.

"A theatre in Japan wants me to be their cast. JYPE seem to ignore my request to be a musical actress as they always stalling my chance. I am so fine with being understudy first, or even a dancer first, but JYPE wants me to always be the main star, while I want to learn first" I explained. She already knew about my dream to be a musical actress.

"How about your college?" This had to be the first response from her after I told her that I'll be leaving JYPE. Not only that, I'll leave Twice, I will leave you, Son Chaeyoung.

"I could transfer, or I could postpone my study, I will think about it"

"I will consult to JYPE first, then I will talk to Jihyo, please keep it to yourself first, and please don't tell Jeongyeonnie especially, okay Chaengie?" I added.

"Okay, Unnie. If it's for the best, I won't stop you from chasing the dreams"

She was letting me go, easily. I guess I was never ever in her heart, never. She was letting me go. She didn't even try to stop me. I was so sad. I still am. This was it. I should totally leave. Yes, I wanted to pursue my career. But she was the main reason that I reached to this decision. I can not see her again. It was too much. I can not see her without feeling love. I really wanted to avoid her since 2017, but I ended up and always ended up acting like this. I don't want this anymore. I need a way out.

I told Jihyo about my plan. She literally cried in front of me. Amongst us, Jihyo was the one who suffered the most. She had the longest period trainee. I know that she will keep us, forever even. She sacrificed too much, I never see Jihyo cried like she was that day. But she told me that she understands me, I made a perfect sense. Jihyo should know my decision. She's my friend, she deserved to know. Because she should be the one that delivers the news to the other members as well.