Chapter 40 - Untitled

*Note: Mina's POV on Chaeng's confession in Wakkanai.

I go where the road takes me. After I am done watching my other half, penguins, at Shiritsu Aquarium, I feel really happy. I am now outside the aquarium. It's almost night. I see the sun setting in front of me. It's beautiful. Even just from the outside of the aquarium. My heart somehow feels secure after I grieve for days. I should really get over this things. I should come back to home. I should consult this to my family, I should really know what I want after this. I have to be clear.

I walk to the left, I see Cape Noshappu sign. I should enjoy the sunset there, the best to see the sunset in Wakkanai is in Cape Noshappu because you got to see Rishiri Island as well on the other side. I pass Esandomarigyoko Park, I see that dolphin statue, it's almost 6 pm. It's so beautiful even when it's cold. No one's there except one person.

This person leaning towards the rail, facing the sun setting down. Hang to them as if this rail is the only one who can support her right now. I know that feeling, I know. I watch this person from behind. This person's phone rang, this person wipe something from her eyes before picking up the phone call. This person's hoodie falls from its head as this person picking up the phone. It's a she. A petite girl with brown short hair. My heart skips a beat. No, it skips so many beats.

I recognize this figure, I even recognize it from the back. The hair, the hair color. No, no, it's just an illusion. What was I thinking? Nonsense, I probably miss her too much, my mind and eyes become weak too. I don't know why I just stare this one person's back. She then hangs up the phone and leans to the rail once again. She takes so many deep breaths. She then pulls her glasses from her eyes, pushing back her hair, she tilted her head to the left as she takes off the glasses. I stop breathing.

I see her crying hard as she pulls her glasses off, she sobs. I can see from her shoulder. My tears are falling too. I just freeze there. I know that I can run away like right now, but my feet won't comply. I just stare at her and crying as she also crying. I can't stop my tears. She then wipes her tears, calm her self and put her glasses back on. The sun already set. I could only see the half if it. I see her about to leave the place. I should go too. I should really go too. But my body just won't listen. I don't want this to be true. I hope that I see a different person when she turns her back.

She then turns her back and freeze, just like me. I cry even harder seeing, it's true. It's her. Chaeyoungie. It's Chaeyoungie in Wakkanai. She shed tears again after just wiping it a while ago. She looks at me, I look at her. She then comes closer, slowly to me. I really want to run, but I can't. I clench my fist tight.

She's now in front of me. I throw my tight fist to her shoulder. I should at least hit her, because of her I live like this. I hit her again, because of her, I become a weak girl like this. I hit her again, she hurt my heart too deep. She just receives my punches when she could just make me stop. I stop by myself, she hugs me. She takes me in her arms. Hug me so so tight.

"I am sorry, Unnie" she says. I cry even harder, I sob really hard.

Now, she's saying sorry. What for then? I already prepared myself to take away out, out from this feeling. I just decided to go home tonight. I am okay, I am okay before, but not now. Seeing her here, I just can not. Seeing her always force me to push the reset button all over again.

I then release my self from the hug, she looks me in the eyes.

"I can't afford on losing you, Unnie. I love you"

My heart feels like bursting. 'I love you' yes, that's the words that I want to hear from her of course. I really want to hear that, does she know then? Does she sincere? Does she feel what I feel? All the pain? How can she easily say that she loves me? I push her hands. This doesn't make any sense. She doesn't love me. Never.