Chapter 12 - Her Endless Game

This year, I beg to God that I could lead a happy life. Well, to be honest I am content now, with Twice's successness, with our members, with everything, except that one. But it doesn't really bother me. February was my graduation day. Tzuyu as well. I am glad that all my member come and support me. It was cold. Since Somi is a junior student at my high school, I am glad that she was there as well. Finally! I enter the legal age. I am offically adult now, alcohol life is on the way. All of them now can enjoy eating meat with soju and beer. And yes, we actually celebrate my graduation by drinking that night. I don't remember, but I think I lost track that night. The Unnies gave us much and much of alcohol. Celebrating adult life at its best.

I feel like a crap this morning. I finally know how that it is painful to be hangover. It's painful, your head wants to burst all the time, and I feel lazy. Tzuyu still on her bed, I don't remember but I think Tzuyu was passing out too last night. I immediately go to the kitchen to sip a water. As I take my water, I see a pot on the stove, and there's a note on them.

I made a hangover soup for you guys, we all go for the morning practice, you guys should come too soon after you wake. Drink this, you'll feel better. Happy legal age, Changie and Kiwi!

- Mina

I open it, it smells good. It's the first time in a month, she did something like this again for me. No, please don't think too much, it's also for Tzuyu. But, I'm allowing myself to be happy a bit. It's her that made it. It's very effective. My headache suddenly gone. I wake Tzuyu, it's almost 9. We could join the session two at 11 am. We both go to the building for practice.

I am so thankful that I could get into college immediately. I already told the entertainment that I don't want to postpone my study. I got accepted into Sungkyungkwan University. It's so far from the dorm, but that's okay. At first, I got really confused cause I want to pursue Fine Arts, but again I'm planning to stay in this business for a long time, that's when finally I chose Film, TV and Multimedia as my major. I will pursue Fine Arts as my minor. I like to drown myself into college life. It got me busy so that I can't stop thinking about her.

I also made friends with another 99 liner, we often meet up to play bowling. I bring this activity to them. I fall in love with bowling after we shoot Elegant Private Life at 2016. It's always perfect to do a sports game like this. I love to spend time with my member as well. Can't you see? This is me dealing with the 'missing' situation. When I'm just sitting still, my mind always wants to chase her, while she's still so far away from. We're close yet so far. I only heard it from a song, but I kinda know that feeling. I see her almost every day in my life, and yet I still miss her.

Missing you is like not being able to walk down on our street, cause it feels with too many memories. The memory of us holding hands together, the moment where we sneak out late at night to buy snacks, when we used night time to play, when we're just both silent at the park downstair, felt a freedom for a while. Missing you is the feeling of the complete helplessness. I saw that you could be extra, having so much laughter, but I never ever be the part of your happiness again. Remember the time that I always created the coincidence? Now, I even reduced my time to watch you from afar.

What can I do, I shouldn't let myself be in love with you. To be honest I can't help it. To fall in love with you, there's no objection inside my heart. I let my heart pursue it. I wanted to be angry and mad towards you because you now act so cold. But sometimes you still look at me with your puppy eyes, like I'm your universe kind of look. Is this broken hearted? I don't really sure what I'm feeling inside.

This summer, we will have an upcoming comeback. We go practicing from dawn to dusk. It's usually like that. It's a awaited comeback since we've been busy in Japan. After midnight, members are having their personal time to train ourselves alone. I was in the small room practice my rap. Tzuyu accompanies me, but she sleeps in the small room instead. The oldest two headed home. Jihyo Unnie is in the recording room with Sana Unnie and Dahyun Unnie. Mina Unnie and Momo Unnie are still in the dance practice room. All of sudden Momo Unnie smash my small room door.

"Help, Mina......." Momo Unnie can't finish her sentence. I immediately go their practice room. I see Mina Unnie unconscious. I then I then grab her and use my leg to be her pillow.

"Ya, Mina Unnie, ya wake up Mina Unnie!" I pat her cheeks with my hands.

"Momo Unnie, please call the managers, please. Tzuyu-ah, could you help me with a glass of water"

"What's the matter with her, Momo Unnie?"

"I don't know, she was fine, then she just fall down and faint" Momo Unnie say while dialing the manager's number.

A minute later the manager Unnie come, they decide to take her to the hospital, I help the manager Unnie carry her. The managers ask me to come with her. While the others should stay or go back to the dorm. I obey her. I need to accompany her at the back seat tho. I sincerely pray to God for she to wake up, at least respond it. I held her hand.

We arrive at the hospital, we carry her to the emergency room. The doctors start examining her and giving us lots of questions. Her habit raises again. When Mina Unnie focused on something she practically forgets about everything. Our best guess is, she didn't take any food or liquid from the morning, maybe even from yesterday. Doctors said that she's dehydrated, the doctors suggest that she should be admitted for a day. She has to be put in I.V. They transfer her to a private room. I sit beside her. Manager Unnie tells me to go home. But she knows that I'm stubborn, I order to her to go home instead. At the end, we ended up watching her together. She takes the sofa, I'm still beside her in the chair beside her bed, watching her. It's the first time she finally gave up with her condition. She always looks so weak, but she's the strongest among us. Seeing her so pale, I just can't.I then stand up, I rub my eyes. I need some sleep as well, but how can I?

I hear her humming.

"Chaengie......." She's still in that position try to open her eyes. She's weak

"Yes Unnie?" I held her hand.

"My head, my head ........" She complain of pain while holding her head strongly. She's in pain. I immediately press the emergency button. No, I immediately go the nurse station. The doctor the run to her room, and treat her. Inject her with some medicine. Me and manager Unnie just watching a meter from the bed. The doctor now leaves. Mina Unnie is half conscious, but she's still weak.

"Feel better, Unnie?" I touch her cheek and tidy up her hair.

She nod. "Thanks, Chaengie" She then grabs my hand with hers.

"Go, take a rest" I put down her hand.

"Stay here" She begs. It's a medicine influence I know, I don't want to think too far.

As much as I want to leave her, I won't. She's sick, she's in the worst condition, it'll be cruel to leave her like this. It'll be selfish. 

"Yes, I'll be here. I won't go" That's my promise. She then sleep, I also rest in the chair beside. And get some sleep as well.

I wake up because the sunlight hits my face. I'm now on the sofa, sleep position. I try to remember about last night. I jump from the sofa. All my members are there, now looking at me.

I saw every one of them. Mina Unnie still in the bed, in sitting position. Jeongyeon Unnie just feding her a piece of apple. I look at the clock.

"It's almost 12, Chaengie" Dahyun Unnie said to me. All the members laugh, Mina Unnie as well. I sleep too long even I don't remember. Glad to know that Mina Unnie is now waking up and showing an improvement. Glad that I could help her even she probably forget, even maybe she didn't remember about that. Glad that she could laugh again, even if it's not with me. My heart feels content for some reason.

She and her push and pull acts. Foolishly, I want to be in this game so bad.