Chapter 4

I walked into school like normal and greeted my my friends and members of the pack. I knew the bell was gonna ring soon so I walked to my class and sat down, then all of a sudden a sweet smell of vanilla and apple pie with a hint of baby powder filled my nose. I was gonna get up to see what it was but my friend came up to me and started talking. I wasn't really listening though, I wanted to know what the smell was.

Class felt like forever and when the bell finally rang I jumped out of my seat and started to look around the school, ignoring everyone else. The smell was getting stronger, and stronger. Then I felt something run into me.

"What the?" I looked down and saw a small boy with black hair and an emo haircut. He was adorable, wait why am I saying this about a guy. Then it hit me.

"Mate." A GUY IS MY MATE?! I can't believe this, he was about to walk away but for some reason I grabbed his small wrist. He looked at me in fear and confusion. I felt the strong urge to kiss him, but I can't he's a guy. I lifted up my arm and he flinched and fell on the ground in fear. It pained me to see him like this, but I needed to get away and sort my thoughts. I quickly left and went out the door.

How can my mate be a guy? Should I reject him? My wolf quickly objected that option.

"You can't do that! Go back to the school and claim him god dammit!" I can't to that! I yelled back "And why the hell not?!"

  "I DON'T KNOW OK! HES A GUY! I WASN'T EXPECTING A FUCKING GUY!" I knew you could have guys for mates but, I never heard of an alpha getting a male mate.

  I felt like something was wrong though, I felt like I needed to go back to the school, but I just rubbed the feeling off and drove even faster.

  Aaric's POV

He left and I got up confused. What the hell... one minute he looked like he was going to beat my face in and the next he's gone. I started to walk and a group of guys walked passed me. I'm not gonna lie they were cute but definitely not as cute as the one guy. Once they walked passed me though they smelled horrible. A mix of sweat and something I don't even know hit me and wiggled it's way up my nostrils.

"Ew, they smell like dogs that rolled around in mud." I said quietly to myself, which they did. I made sure I said it quietly.

"What the fuck did you say?!" I guess my quiet wasn't quiet enough. He must have super hearing. I looked at him surprised.

"Answer me. I asked you a question!" He stepped closer to me and I took a step back.

"N-Nothing." I said trying to step back again but one of his friends stood behind me.

"No please, please, repeat what you said. And don't lie I heard you perfectly." He stepped even closer to me.

"N-Noth-" I got cut off with him raising his fist, and I flinched back, afraid that it will go slamming into my face.

"Say it, or you will get pounded." I gulped and repeated what I said.

"I-I said t-that you smelled dogs t-that rolled around in mud." We made eye contact for a couple of seconds and then I felt a strong punch connect to my stomach.

"You better pray little boy because now, you are my new target." I felt more series of punches and kicks from him and his friends for what seemed like a long time. After they were done I just laid there limp. That's all I could do. People walked passed me looking at me, but never helping me up. I stayed there for a good hour, no teacher walked by, no student helped. This was just like the old school.

After a while I got up and "walked" out of school. If anything it was a limp, but it looked like my limp had a limp. I didn't want to go to any other classes, I just wanted to be alone for awhile, away from people. Away from any pain, kicks, punches and insults. I kept limping away until I found myself at a park. I sat down on a swing and sighed. Why. What did I do in my past life to deserve this. I must've burned down a whole village of something.

Before I knew it, hours past and it started to get dark. I knew it was time to go back home before father comes back. I limped for about thirty minutes until I got home. I would've been able to walk faster if it weren't for those foul smelling jerks.

When I got home I slowly opened the door. I let out a breath of relief when there was no one waiting for me at the door. I limped my way to the staircase. A shower would be nice right now. Sleep would also be nice. I started to go upstairs when I felt something, or someone grab my arm pulling me back.

"Where the hell were you faggot?" Before I could answer I felt a punch to my stomach. Great another beating today. The smell of alcohol was strong on him, even though that's his usual musk it was stronger then usual. I felt another punch to the face and then a kick in the shin. I fell to the ground and cried in pain. I felt another kick, then another, then another. Punch. Kick. Punch. Kick. Punch. Kick. It was like a pattern. Punch. Kick. Punch. Kick.

"I bet you were out fucking some other faggot huh?" I laughed at what he said. As if, I'm still a virgin and knowing me it will probably stay like this for a long, long time. The pattern of punching and kicking was broken when I was pulled up by my hair. I looked away from the man that I called father but he forced me to look at him again.

"Look at me you faggot." I felt a sting slap across the face and I cried out in pain in what seemed like the thousandth time today. "You are useless. I wish you were never born. The only thing you are good for is being a punching bag." He spit in my face, and I felt a strong punch, busting my lip open. He let go of my hair and I fell to the ground. Tears were falling out of my eyes, and the room around me started to get blurry. I looked up and saw my father walk away.

"Get out of my sight, I'm tired of you." He kicked me one last time and walked away. I stayed there, not being able to move for what seemed like forever until I dragged myself up the stairs. Why am I even alive anymore?

  I slowly made my way to the bathroom and looked at myself. I looked horrible. My lip was busted, both eyes blackened. I had bruises all over me, and I could barely see out of one eye because it was so swollen shut. A tear slipped out of my eye and honestly I was surprised that it's even possible to cry anymore. I needed relief, I just did.