Chapter 45

Bentley's POV:

  What the hell just happened. I kept standing in the same position for five minutes, going over the events that just occurred.

  "Sir..." My head snapped over to a girl, she had blonde hair and wasn't generally all that pretty, just average.

  "What." She seemed cautious about what she was going to say.

   "C-Can I help you?" I was about to answer no when the memory of what Aaric said to me flashed in my mind.

   "Last time I checked I wasn't the one whoring around."

I clenched my jaw, taking a deep breath.

"Yes actually there is." I put on my best smile, and it seemed to work.

"Oh?" I could tell her makeup was thick, her eyeliner was drawn on sloppily and her lipstick was fading.

"I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are, may I ask you to go on a date with me?" She smiled and nodded her head, getting a notepad out of her apron.

She quickly scribbled down some numbers and ripped out the paper, handing it to me.

"Lovely, How about tonight.. let's say seven?" She nodded her head eagerly, like she hasn't been on a date in years.

Well I'll see you then. I gave her one last smile and walked out the door, instantly dropping my smile when I left the shop.

Now what to do, what to do. I looked down at my phone and saw that it was only three. I had four hours to spare before I had to see her again.

The desperate look in her face is funny to me, she probably actually thinks I'm into her. Is what I'm doing mean? Nah, I'm just using my surroundings to get what's mine.

Aaric may have said goodbye, but he didn't actually reject me. Not yet anyways, and I'm going to make sure one way or another that he never does.

0-0-0-0-0

Two's POV:

When we got back to the house, I instantly masked our scents so Bentley couldn't find us.

The whole time we left the shop Aaric hasn't said anything. He hasn't been crying, nor did he have any expression on his face at all really.

"Bean, I'm so so sorry. I should've done a better job at covering our tracks in the first place." I felt like a complete failure, not only to myself but to Bean.

He shook his head, still not saying anything. A single tear fell from his eyes, but he quickly wiped it away. Almost like he was afraid of it being there.

"Bean, please don't shut me out. You gotta talk to me." I knelt down to his short level, and looked him in his beautiful eyes.

"Was I too harsh?" When he spoke his voice was quiet.

"You?" He nodded his head, and bit his lip. Oh how I wanted to kiss those lips, but this is definitely not the time.

"Of course not! You were perfect, don't let him get to you." He nodded his head.

"Right, I did great. I was strong." He repeated over and over again, almost as if he was trying to reassure himself more than anything.

"Yes, you did do great and you are strong." He gave me a slight smile and hugged me. I was surprised at first but I hugged him back.

"Two?" I made a humming sound, urging him to go on.

"Thanks for everything... again." I smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"Everything's gonna be alright Bean ok? Everything's gonna be alright. I promise." We looked at each other for a while in silence. It was the comfortable kind of silence though.

I then thought back and remembered that we hardly got to eat anything at all. I sighed, my stomach growling.

"You hungry?" Beans little voice spoke.

"Yeah, we didn't get to eat much." He nodded his head, looking bummed.

"What to do..." His eyes got big and he started jumping up and down.

"I hwave an idea!" His voice was more baby like than usual so I knew for sure that he slipped into little space. It kind of made me sad though because I know this time it was from stress.

"What's your idea Bean?" He smiled wide at me, showing his perfect teeth.

"I'm gonna cook!" He clapped his hands together and I instantly wanted to just order take out.

"I don't know..." I'm afraid that he'll burn down the house, or worse get hurt. Especially now that he's in little space, the chances of both of those triple.

"Please, please please please?" He gave me puppy dog eyes and I couldn't resist. Not after all he's been though today.

"Fine, but I'm going to watch you and you have to promise to ask me for help if you need it." He nodded his head, and ran to the kitchen.

He got out a big pot, and walked over to the fridge. Before he got anything out he turned to me, frowning.

"You can't see, I want it to be a supwise!" I sighed and walked into the hallway, sitting on the ground. It's the closest to the kitchen and I can run in there if he needs anything.

After what seemed like forever he finally called me in. I did smell something, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Sit Sit." I sat down and he told me to close my eyes.

Doing what he said I heard a bowl being set down in front of me, and the words open.

When I opened my eyes I saw some sort of soup in front of me. I looked over at Aaric to see him smiling, waiting for me to eat it.

"Looks good Bean." He didn't say anything, just kept looking at me with his big innocent eyes.

I slowly picked up my spoon, scooping the soup into my mouth along with a kind of cut up potato, and other things that I couldn't identify.

I put it in my mouth, and instantly scrunched my face up. It tasted like fishy dish water, that has potatoes and other stuff in it. The potatoes weren't even really cooked.

I swallowed my first bite and looked up at Aaric. He looked sad and had tears in his eyes.

"Y-You don't like it..." I quickly got up and hugged him.

"No no no no, don't cry! It's good it really is!" He looked up at me with watery eyes.

"Really." I walked over and grabbed another spoonful, putting it in my mouth.

I quickly chewed it, making a 'delicious' face. He giggled and ran over to me, sitting on my lap.

He opened his mouth, motioning for me to feed him. I chuckled and did as he wanted me to.

"BLECH!" He spit the food out, putting his face in my shirt.

"You don't like it Bean?" He lifted up his head and looked at me.

"Let's order somefing ewse." I nodded my head, cleaning up the mess.

"What do you want?" He tapped his chin cutely.

"Pizza and wings! Also Chinese food!" I raised my eyebrow, happy yet confused about his sudden appetite.

"Too much?" His smile dropped and he looked self conscious.

"No, it's perfect I was thinking the same thing."

He giggled and stood up, stretching.

"Wanna know what else is perfect Bean?" He looked over at me curiously.

"You."