Chapter 16

When we got back to the pack house I plopped on the couch face first. I started to cry, hoping that the couch would muffle my sobs. Apparently they didn't. I felt a warm hand on my back slowly rubbing circles. It comforted me so much that I almost stopped crying. Almost.

   "Sweetie, it's ok. Everything's ok." I shook my head slowly getting up. Sure he may be gone but is he really. Who's to say that he isn't going to come back. Even if he doesn't he's still in my dreams, no nightmares. He still gives me flashbacks, horrible flashbacks. It's not ok, but I'll have to live with it.

  "No..." Is all I managed to choke out. Sure I was relieved that I finally stood up to him. Adrenaline was racing through me too. But not anymore. Adrenaline left me and now all that's left is fear.

  I was pulled against a warm chest. My little frame in his, I sighed. At least I had Bently I had him to help me through all of this.

  "Daddy?" He looked down at me and smiled.

  "Yes?"

  "I want to get rid of old memories, well at least as much as I can." He looked confused and I wiggled out of his grasp.

  I stood up and pointed at my stuff that we just got. I wiped my face from the tears that were still resting on my cheeks.

  "I want to get rid of things. I know I won't be able to get rid of all the memories but it's a start r-right?" I bit my lip ready for him to say it's a stupid idea.

  "I agree with you. Whatever you want to do sweetheart." I smiled and sat in front of the stuff urging him to come with. When he sat down next to me we started going through some things.

  I pulled out my old diary, opening it and reading one of the entries out loud.

  "I want to die, why am I alive. No one loves me nor ever will. My heart is charred yet I still feel the burning. Why am I still here am I not good enough to die either?" Bently rubbed my back and kissed my head.

  "You don't have to feel that way anymore baby. I'm here for you and I always will be." I smiled and shut the diary throwing it to the side. It will be the first thing to burn.

  I put my hand back into the shoe box and pulled out the Spider-Man watch that I found on my way to school on the first day. I smiled at it, a part of me wants to keep it so I will. I looked up at daddy and held out my wrist. He seemed to understand what I wanted and put it on me.

   "Your wrists are so tiny, you're so tiny." I gave a half smile and went back to putting things into piles. My old school papers, burn. A pair of worn out sneakers, burn.

  I then remembered something. The money grandma gave me. I can't find it. I started digging and poured everything out of the shoe box. A couple of wrist bands fell out and ripped up picture of grandma. My donor must have used all the money on drugs and beers.

   "Sweetie what are you looking for?" He pulled my chin up to look at him.

  "M-My grandma left money for me. It's gone. He must have used it." I looked down. A part of me was sad but another part of me just felt pity on him. He was pathetic spending all of his money on beer, and drugs. Wasting his life away. I giggled a bit knowing that my life had changed for the better and I'm away from him.

  "Sweetie are you ok?" I looked up at daddy.

  "I feel amazing."

0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

This chapter is kinda short but I really wanted to get one out because I haven't updated in a looonngg time -(=•=)- I hope you liked this chapter.