Chapter 41

"So if a human is rejected... they die." Two nodded his head. He's been explaining a lot to me, and we were driving to a new place. He said we were going to Florida, as it's no longer safe in Wyoming. He said Bentley knows where we are now.

  "Yeah, it takes a little bit of time for them to die though, but it's painful." I don't like pain, at all.

  "But if a werewolf gets rejected, they don't die?"

  "Yup."

  "That's not fair! Why do I have to die, I don't want to die a slow and painful death!" Two pulled the car over, looking at me sternly.

  "Stop that, you are not going to die! He needs you in front of him to reject you. He needs to look you in the eyes and say the words 'I Bentley reject Aaric'."

  "So is that why we're leaving?" He nodded his head, still looking into my eyes.

  "Aaric I care about you, a lot. Some may even say... I love you." I bit my lip, not knowing what to say. What should I say?

  "Two I-" I was cut off my his lips on mine.

  I was surprised and didn't know what to do, so I just sat there. He pulled away and looked worried.

  "I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it. Please don't me mad." I'm not mad, how could I be mad?

  "Y-You're ok..." He started to drive again, this time we were in complete silence.

  "Two?"

"Yeah bean?"

"Y-You say you love me but... what about your mate? Won't you have one of those?"

"Bean, I haven't told you much about me have I?" I shook my head. Now that I think of it I don't know too much about him, I mean he's like a diary with a lock on it.

"I've had a mate before, Bean." I coughed, choking on my own saliva.

"W-What? Where is he.. or she?"

"My mate was a she, we were actually childhood friends. We grew apart around age thirteen, and when we were old enough to find our mates, she was the opposite of thrilled that it was me." I bit my lip. Why would she be disappointed?

Two's POV:

"Why wasn't she thrilled? You're a catch!" I laughed, smiling at how cute Aaric was.

"Turns out I was too low on the social hierarchy for her liking. So she rejected me... in front of the whole school too."

"I'm sorry..."

"I'm over it, 100% I learned an important lesson from that experience anyways. You may think that people are one way, but they are the polar opposite." I heard sniffles next to me and I looked over to see Aaric crying.

"W-Why are you crying?" He shook his head, wiping his eyes.

"B-Because you're such a great person, a-a-and you deserve a lot better, a-and you've been through a lot!" I shook my head, smiling.

"Bean, if anyone's been through anything it's you. I mean everything with your past and then everything that has happened recently. You are so strong, you know that?" He shrugged, hiccuping.

"Well you are. You deserve the world."

"Two?"

"Bean?"

"I don't want the world.. the world is broken." I was surprised by his answer but urged him to go on.

"Then... what do you want?"

"Hmm... I want Pluto!" Like the dog on Mickey Mouse?

"Pluto?" He nodded his head.

"Yeah Pluto, you know the planet?" I smiled, at the adorable look on his face.

"You know Bean, Pluto technically isn't a planet according to NASA." His smile dropped and he gave me the death glare.

Was it something I said?

"Please pull over..." I did what he said, he didn't take his eyes off of me the whole time, glaring a hole into the side of my head.

"Bean, you OK?"

"No I'm not ok, wanna know why?" I nodded my head.

"Someone said Pluto wasn't a planet! That's why! Let me tell ya something, Pluto is too a planet! I don't care what NASA says, Pluto is the best planet there is, and no one can tell me otherwise! It's not fair you know, Pluto is always given the cold shoulder just because he's a little smaller than the others. Well guess what!"

He looked up to the roof of the car, I assume trying to look up at the sky.

"PLUTO, JUST SO YOU KNOW... I LOVE YOU AND I BELIEVE IN YOU! YOU'RE THE BEST PLANET EVER!"

  I couldn't help but to burst out laughing, he was just too cute and this whole Pluto thing took me really off guard.

  "Why are you laughing... I'm serious." I took a deep breath trying to hold in my laughter.

  "Let's get going Bean huh?" He nodded his head, looking out the window. How can he pretend like he didn't just confess his love to a 'planet'.

I started to drive again, trying to hold in my laughter still. He looked at me and huffed, arms crossed over his chest.

"You're crazy." He glared at me.

"Am not! You're the crazy one, haven't you ever heard of respect your elders? Well Pluto is 4.5 billion years old!" I decided not to say anything, because I would most likely loose the argument anyways.

0-0-0-0-0

"Twoooooooo..." Aaric was starting to get very irritated because we've been in the car forever. Of course we've made stops, but not many.

"Bean?" He turned over and looked at me with tears in his eyes. His big beautiful eyes.

"Aw Bean, what's wrong." I wiped a tear that fell down his face for him.

"I don't like the car anymore... I wanna get out, my legs are tingling." He started hitting his legs, and really hard at that.

"Hey! Stop that!" I pulled over to the side of the road and grabbed his small, pale wrists.

"Listen, you're going to hurt yourself if you keep doing this. We're almost to where we're supposed to be, just wait." He tired to pull away from me, but my hold was too strong.

"OWIE LET GOOOO!" He started bursting out into tears. I didn't know what to do at first so I just sat there in shock.

"Hey, what's going on?" He shook his head and hugged his knees to his chest.

"P-Please just keep on driving..." I decided not to push him as he seems really fragile right now.

I started to drive again, checking on him basically every minute. He's very touchy today, I really want to know what's wrong. I want to help him, but I can't help him if I don't know what's going on.

I'm falling in way too deep for this kid.

0-0-0-0-0
Hey everyone, sorry for not uploading in forever. I'm back now, I was having a lot of health problems physically and mentally but I'm fine, and I'll be sure to update a lot more!