Chapter 50

Aarics POV:

I woke up on a soft bed. It's big and has a tacky, beige flower print to it. The room I'm in is too small for the king sized bed that sits in it. I tried to sit up but my head was pounding.

  I tried to lean up on my arms but I felt excruciating pain in the left one. I let out a scream, tears slipping from my eyes.

  I heard quick pounding footsteps and the door slammed open, cracking the wall and making me jump sky high in the process.

  I choked on my own saliva when I saw who loomed in the doorway. He had an unreadable expression on his face.

  I opened and closed my mouth not being able to form any words, even though I had a whole novel of words in my mind.

  "You scared me baby boy. It's good that you're awake though." Baby boy? Why is he acting so nonchalant, like this is all normal.

  "W-Where a-am I." I tried to sound unfazed, but my voice came out wavered.

  "You're with me now and that's all that matters." I beg to differ.

  "H-How did I get here?" I said, trying to put more force in my voice, but yet again failing. Could you blame me though with the current situation that's unfolding right now?

  "The details aren't important." He said bluntly and stalked over to me. I managed to sit up and scoot off the bed, standing up with the protest of my pounding head.

  "St-Stay aw-away f-from me." My heart was beating a mile a minute. And no matter how hard I kept thinking, I can't seem to remember the events that led up to being here.

  All I remember is waiting for Two at the carnival, then a woman coming up and asking for help to find her child.... we went into the woods and...

  The woman. She hit me with a rock... she's the one that broke my arm!

  "Calm down there, you look like a kicked puppy." Kicked puppy is an understatement.

  "Well not so much kicked, more so hit over the head with a rock, and my arm being snapped but you know, 'The details aren't important.'" I said imitating what he proclaimed earlier. I don't know where that sudden spurt of bravery came from, but I hope it sticks around for a while longer.

  He breathed in deeply, noticeably irritated with me talking back.

  "You got and attitude on you all of a sudden huh?" He stepped closer to me, backing me into a corner.

  "We're gonna have to change that. Where'd my sweet obedient little that I remember go? Hm?" I balled my fist as I felt rage steam out of me like a tea kettle.

  "Oh he's still here, but not for you." I put my chin up, staring him into his eyes, challenging him. I regret that.

  He grabbed me by my throat, pushing me into the wall. I couldn't breath, and I clawed at his hands.

  I looked at his eyes and they looked purely evil, scaring me to the core. He tightened his grip, and I started to see stars. If I don't do something he's going to kill me.

  "P-le-s d-da-dy." I internally cringed calling him this name, a special name I trusted him with once, but he threw it away. Now it belongs to Two and I feel horrible that it came out of my lips when I wasn't addressing him. But it was the only thing I could think of to save me.

  His eyes changed and he quickly let go, stepping away from me.

  "Baby.." His voice was low and empty, void of any emotion I can identify.

  I coughed, breathing in deeply.

  "I'm.. I'll be back. Whatever her name is will be here for the time being. Don't leave this room. I mean it." He walked out of the room closing the door behind him, and I heard a little lock sound before his footsteps echoed away.

  I have to get out of here. Where's Two. Is he ok? Is he looking for me? Does he know where I am? How do I leave this place? Where am I?

  Questions were flooding my head, and I had the answers to none of them. Not a single one.

  I looked down at my arm. It was bandaged and in a cast. I can't believe that crazy woman broke my arm. If only I just stayed with Two none of this would've happened... it's all my fault.

  I walked over to the window and tried to pry it open, no luck. It was rusted around the edges, and had a lock on it on top of that.

  I looked around. There was literally nothing in this room accept the bed that took up almost all of the space.

  I tried the door even though I knew he locked it, it was worth a try anyways.

  As I jiggled the handle a second time it swung open, almost hitting me in the face.

  A girl that I recognize as the lady with the "lost child" walked in, a disgusted look on her face.

  "What were you doing near the door." She shot at me, accentuating every word into razor sharp daggers.

  "I-I uh.. I..." She raised her hand and I flinched back, covering my face with my good arms. She laughed, rolling her eyes.

  "Pathetic." She spat, literally spat in my face.

  "Might as well get comfy, because you're not leaving this room. I hope he gets rid of you soon." She stepped on my foot, earning a yelp of pain from me before walking away.

  She locked the door behind her and I backed up against the wall, letting out a sob. I didn't know what else to do, and leave it up to pathetic me to cry my brains out every chance I get.

  I slumped to the floor, pulling my knees to my chest. Why. Why can't I just have a magical happy ending? Why can't I just be happy, and be left alone with Two so we can spend our lives together? Everything was going so damn well! Why!?

  I sobbed louder, not caring if anyone heard. A part of me wanted Two to hear, and come find me. Busting through the door and carrying me home.

  I don't know how long I was on the floor but my eyes were swollen and I couldn't physically cry another tear. I couldn't keep my eyes open, nor did I have the energy to walk over to the bed so I stayed on the cold, hard floor. Letting darkness take me in it's arms happily.