Chapter 29

August 24th, 2012. Mystery Shack Kitchen. Jay's POV.

We had slept over at the Shack last night because no one felt like moving after the busted guts that came after Robbie and Nya's Power-Off. Soos had, too, since he had spent so long cleaning up. So, us ninja, Stan, and Soos were eating breakfast made by Zane.

A girly scream from the attic caught our attention, except for Stan's.

"Mabel woke Dipper up," he said, sounding bored. "C'mon, Soos. Let's go check on 'em." The two departed, Stan holding the magazine he was flipping through.

"Dipper has a really girly scream," Nya said, grabbing another pancake.

The rest of us nod. A few minutes later, Soos comes back down and tells us that the twins' birthday's in a week.

"So Mabel and I will be the same age in a week," I hear Lloyd say under his breath. I smirk.

"They'll be down soon to discuss party planning," Soos continued, beginning to clean up breakfast. "Hey, have any of you dudes seen Ford?"

We shook our heads, heading for the living room. Dipper was already there, wearing his signature vest and hat, holding a notepad.

"'Sup, Dip?" Cole asks.

"Writing out a guest list for mine and Mabel's birthday party," he answered. I opened my mouth to ask a question. "Yes, you're all already invited."

Mabel comes skipping in, holding what looks like a model version of the Shack and a calendar.

"Oh, where'd you get that sombrero?" I asked her, eyeing the large hat on her head.

"Definitely not in a room that said 'Mabel, Keep Out'." She nervously laughed and Lloyd real laughed.

'They make such a good couple,' I think.

After Mabel had set up the scale version of the Shack and the calendar, she leaned against the table. "Alright, party planners. In one week we become teenagers, and our summer vacation winds to an end. So we need to throw the greatest party of all time! I'm talking piñatas with tinier piñatas inside."

She points to Soos while saying that last bit. He replies, "Boom, dreams comin' true!" as he pours little piñatas into a large piñata.

"You have an amazing mind, Mabel," I say, walking over to the piñatas.

"Thank you. I'm also talking inviting everyone in town." She takes Dipper's notepad from his hand. "Let's see, where do we stand with the gnomes?"

"Not so fast, goofus and girl-goofus," Stan says walking into the room, holding a bat for some reason. "After that zombie incident, no one's throwing another party at my house. I keep finding little bits of the undead in the couch cushions." He uses the bat to lift up the chair cushion, where what looks like an arm is. He tosses the bat to Dipper.

Mabel looked heart-broken. "But Grunkle Stan, we need some roof to raise."

"Dude, you could rent out the Gravity Falls High School gym, and have your party there," Soos suggested. "That place is empty all summer long."

Mabel brightens. "The gym's a great idea, Soos. To the high school!"

As she says this, lifting her fist in the air, the entire house shakes. Ford calls for help from me, Dipper, and Zane, saying his face is on fire.

"We'll just be a sec," Dipper says as we head towards Ford's room.

"How could he have possibly lit his face on fire if he hasn't left his room all morning?" Zane asks.