Chapter 31

August 24th, UFO Hallways. Jay's POV.

The second the drone flew off, Dipper began running after it. With a shared look, Zane and I followed.

"Hang on, We're coming for you!" Dipper called to Ford, putting the Rift in his backpack. "Don't worry! We'll get you out of there!"

"Jay, shoot," Zane said.

"I don't wanna risk hurting Ford!"

We entered a huge room with a ton of smaller UFO's in it. While Zane and Dipper kept running, I stalled, looking around. I mean, how many times do you get to see this in your lifetime? I stop looking around when a purple map-like-thing appears and run back over to Zane and Dipper.

"It's an automated prison droid!" Ford called. "And wherever it's going, I'm not coming back!"

"What?!" we exclaimed.

The ceiling behind us opened up. Again, cool. Not cool, though, was the prison droid being carried towards the hole. The other two began running towards it. Slower on the uptake, I bolted after them.

"No, no, no... don't worry, I'll think of something!" Dipper exclaimed.

"Kids! What on Earth are you doing?!" Ford demanded.

Dipper, actually, was doing something other than running. He somehow found some duct tape and was taping his magnet gun to his hand. "Hold on, Great Uncle Ford." To us he said, "Sorry guys, no more tape." Back to Ford, "I'm getting you out of this, one way or another!" He tries to fire the gun straight up, but it doesn't work. I send it a little spark, and it fires to life. "Thanks Jay." I nod as he attaches onto the ship just as it flies away.

"Zane, is there any form of Spinjitzu where you can fly?" I ask.

He thinks for a second. "I do recall reading about it briefly. I believe you do it the same way as Spinjitzu."

"Great, let's see if it works."

Quickly spinning into our tornados, we jump. Sure enough, we begin flying.

"THIS IS AWESOME!" I yell.

"You are loud!" Zane calls back.

Luckily, the ship is pretty easy to spot. We follow it as fast as possible, which still places us just within visual range of it. 'It moves really fast,' I think.

It crashes into the woods. Zane and I hurry to follow. It's kinda hard to get down, but we eventually figure it out. By the time we do, the droid shutters and falls to the ground. Dipper looks at us.

"Were you just flying?" he asked.

I nodded. "With a little help from Cyclon-Do."

"Airjitzu," Zane states. "It is called Airjitzu."

"Cyclon-Do sounds cooler. Besides, we already have a -jitzu."

Zane rolls his eyes. Ford coughs, turning our attention to him. He looks really beat up.

"Oh, I thought I was a goner, kid," he said to Dipper, followed by a cough.

Dipper runs up to him. Zane and I follow more slowly. "Oh, are you alright?" Dipper asked. Followed by the him, Zane and I asking, "What happened?"

Ford leans on Dipper and Zane. "The- the orb didn't detect any chemical signs of fear. It- it assumed the threat was neutralized and self-disassembled. Hahaha!"

"I- I did it?" Dipper clarifies.

"You did it. This is what I was talking about. How many other twelve-year-olds do you think are capable of doing what you've just done?"