Chapter 1 The beginning

(Avi's POV)

What a nice morning!  I got up a bit early today to make myself some tea.

Sitting at the dining table, I took a sip from the cup.

"Cactus."  Ashley walked out of her bedroom and "greeted" me, then she walked into the kitchen.

"Damn it."  I muttered.

She ruined it, she ruined a nice morning.

--------------------------------Flashback------------------------------

*A year and a half ago.*

 "Ah, you're here!"  Mitch opened the door and greeted me with excitement.

"Hey."  I put down my luggage and hugged him.

"Come in."  He stepped aside as he pulled away.

"Thanks, the rest of my stuff will come tomorrow."  I walked in and said.

Since Pentatonix just won The-Sing-Off, we'll need to go to the studio very often, and soon we'll be using the rehearsal room, which is in the same building as the studio room.

And Mitch's house happens to be the nearest to that building among us all, and it also have nice clubs and bars near here, so I decided to move  in with him. Well, he offered.

I glanced around the living room, and this girl, I assumed was Ashley, was sitting there on the couch.

Ashley Happlesful, 22, a year older than Mitch, a year younger than me.

Mitch told me about her. Mitch met her through his vocal teacher back in high school, and they became friends. She got a job near here, which is a live singer in a bar after they graduated, so they moved in together.

Ashley stood up after she saw me, and I walked up to her.

While I was making my way, I got the chance to really look at her.

Wow, she's pretty.  She have big dark-brown innocent eyes, long brown hair with blonde high lights, slightly pink flush on her cheeks, and she's wearing a simple t-shirt and jeans.  And she's quite tiny.

Eventually, I was standing right in front of her, struggling to either gave her a hug or a handshake.

"Avi, Ashley.  Ashley, Avi."  Mitch walked to the side of us after he closed the door.

I hesitantly held up my hand for a handshake, and thank god she did the same.

"Hi, nice to meet you, Avi."  She smiled as she shook my hand.

Her voice was beautiful, and so was her smile.

"You, too."  I smiled back, and try not to sound stupid.

"Why don't you go unpack a little, then I'll give you a little tour, and you and Ashley should get to know each other a bit.  You know, cause you're roomies from now on.  Sounds good?"  Mitch asked.

"Yeah, of course."  I said.

"Good, and your room is down the hall, the second room to the left."  Mitch said while pointing me the direction. 

"Kay, thanks."  I grabbed my luggage and left to find my room.

Before I found my room, I walked past another room, form the corner of my eye, I can see it's painted in light colors.  I also saw some photos sticking on the wall.

Because of curiosity, I decided to turn back and went into the room.  I knew I shouldn't, but I really want to see the pictures, maybe there's Ashley on them.

Feeling a bit guilty, I tried to listen to the sounds in the living room, and I heard Ashley and Mitch giggling.  They were chatting so I don't have to worry that I'll get caught.

I sneaked into the room, and went in front of a wooden table, and above there's some pictures.

Yes, this is definitely Ashley's room.  I could see a picture of her performing, and one with her family, and two of her in a huge plastic cast on her right arm.

Ah, Mitch once told me that she is really clumsy.  Cute.

I glanced around the room, there're also some photo frames on the cupboard, so I went there.

There's a picture of Mitch and her when they were young, and a picture of her in another plastic cast....

I had no idea why, but I decided to open the cupboard under those picture frames.

"Ahh!"  I gasped as I saw what's in there....her underthings.

As I was about to shut the drawer back in, something caught my eye.

A bra with what looked like a dragon on it.  But it was folded so I couldn't see the whole thing.

I didn't know how do I get the courage, I decided to take it out.

Then I took a look at it, it's....a dragon with a horn on it's head.

Eww, what's that?  A unicorn?  A dragon?  A uni-gon??

"What are you...?"  A voice came from behind.

I turned around quickly, and saw Ashley standing there.

Oh, no.  I'll still holding her bra...

"What is wrong with you!!"  She said.

"What is wrong with me?  What is wrong with you?  A uni-gon?  Seriously?"  I said.  I knew I should have apologized, but I didn't, I'm just too embarrassed.

"Hey! They are cute!!"  She yelled.

Her face was all red and puffy with anger, which I oddly like it.

"What's going on here?"  Mitch appeared from Ashley's back and asked.

"Mitch, stay out of it!!"  Ashley and I both said.

And then the argument just went on and on and on and on....

-------------------------End of flashback.--------------------------

"So when are you shaving, cactus?"  Ashley came out of the kitchen with her cup of morning tea.

"That doesn't concern you."  I said, while walking away from the dining table and went into my room.

I hate her, and that nick name she gave me because of my beard.

A/N:   Hey, guys!!!  Do you like my new book so far? Please tell me what you think below.

 And thank those who took the time out of your day and read my stories,  "Anxiety" has 65k reads now!!  

I'll appreciate it if you would like to start this new journey with me!!

Don't forget to vote and comment, thank you:))))