Chapter 27 Let me cook!

(Avi's POV)

"Please, Cactus, please..."  Ashley pleaded.

Ever since Ashley got out of the hospital, which was six days ago, she wasn't allowed into the kitchen.  Whenever she tried to enter the kitchen, Mitch would just appear from nowhere and stop her.

Well, Mitch was gone to buy some stuff.  Tour is starting, and our plane will be leaving in the afternoon.

"No, Mitch told me to keep an eye on you."  I said as firmly as I could.

"Please!!! You know how much I love cooking."  Ashley begged.

I was blocking her way in front of the kitchen, not letting her in.  She tugged on my arm, and pulling it lightly.

A shiver sent down my spine when she touched me.  She rarely touch me, but when she does, this would happen.

I looked down at her, and she gave me the saddest eyes ever, almost like a dying puppy.

She never look at me like that before.  

"No."  I said firmly once again, though it broke my heart having to say so.

"But....Cactus..."  She looked even sadder now, and she pouted.

I can't say no to that look!!!

"Fine, you can cook."  I sighed, giving up.

I went out of her way.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!"  She jumped in excitement, and her eyes lit up again.

She loosened her grip on my arm and hopped into the kitchen.

"Would that work on Mitch normally?" I asked.

"Nope. Not once."  She said as she opened the fridge.

I chuckled.

"Umm, if you don't mind, I'm just gonna sit here while you do your thing."  I said as I sat in the dining table, which was located right out of the kitchen.  I could easily keep an eye on Ashley sitting here.  I hope she doesn't fall again....

"Okay."  She shrugged as she grabbed a bunch of ingredients out of the fridge.

"That's a lot of stuff for you and Mitch."  I said.

"It's for three."  She turned her head and said.

"Scott's coming over?"  I assumed.

"No, it's for Mitch, myself and you, silly."  She said as she turned back around, settled the ingredients on the counter.

"M-me?"  I stuttered.

When ever I'll get to taste her delicious cooking, it was always the left overs.

"Yes, you."  She chuckled as she started to open some bags.  There were loud noises so it covers up the silence I created by blushing and not been able to talk.

I got out my phone, and put it on the table.  But my eyes were still on Ashley.

I watched her as she started  to cut some vegetables.

I smiled like an idiot to myself.  Then a question popped up in my brain.

Are we friends?  

I still have no idea.  

We've been nice to each other for the past six days, but our relationship is still different from she and Mitch's or Scott's, or basically any of our crews'.

Maybe it's because it's only been six days, maybe after some time, we'll be closer.

But deep in my mind, I want her desperately.  I want something even more than friends.

I rested my head in my palm, and looked at her back.

"Please don't fall."  I reminded her.

"I won't."  She said and turn back to me with a smile.

God, I love her smile.

***

Ashley puts the last dish she cooked onto the dining table.

"Lunch's ready."  She said to me.

She cooked for nearly an hour.  During that hour, I kept staring at her, and I was almost caught so many times.  Every time she turned around, I pretended to look at my phone.

"Shall we wait for Mitch?"  She asked.

Suddenly, the door opened.

"Mama's home!!"  Mitch sang.

He stepped in and closed the door behind him.

"Why do I smell Ashley's cooking?  Oh, no, damn it, Avi!!!!"  He put down all of his stuff and ran to the dining table.

"You are useless!!"  He point at me with angry eyes.

"Well, he...."  Ashley spoke up, probably sticking up for me.

"And you!"  Mitch turned to Ashley, and she stiffed up instantly.

"You just don't listen!"  Mitch shook his head.

Ashley got closer to Mitch, and she held up her arms, trying to hug him.

Mitch turned around, but Ashley hugged him from behind anyways.

"No use."  Mitch said coldly.

"I'm sorry, Mitch.  But I'm okay.  And I cook your favorite."  Ashley mumbled.

"Chicken?"  Mitch said.

"Hhmhm.  Grilled."  Ashley said.

"Fine, I forgive you."  

Ashley broke the hug for Mitch to let him turn back around. 

Ashley leaned in to kiss Mitch's cheek.

I'm so jealous........

When will that happen to me?