Chapter 68 Let's do it

(Mitch's POV)

"It's you, Mitchy!  What brings you here?"  Scott asked as he opened the door to let me in.

I rolled my eyes and I plopped onto his couch.

"The lovebirds are banging each other without closing the damn door."  I said.

"Oh god, it must be so awkward."  Scott said.

He walked into the kitchen and came out with two cans of diet soda, and he handed one to me.

I nodded as a thank you.

"You know last time they did it while me and Kirst were in the living room?  Did Kirstie tell you that story?"  I asked as I opened the can.

He widened his mouth and covered it with his hands.

"Noooo."  He chuckled.

"Umhmm, and I had to lie to Kirstie they're doing "vocal exercise"."  I said dramatically.

"Oh, poor Kirst."  He put his hands back down.

I sighed as I sipped at my soda.

"What's wrong?"  Scott noticed the slight change of my emotion, and asked.

"Nothing, it's just they are so in love.  And I think they're leaving me...for some reason."  I said.

"What do you mean?"  Scott scooted closer to me.

"I mean, I think that they might want to have their own space.  I'm being like a third wheel or something..."  I explained.

"So you think they might find you annoying and want to move out?"  He asked.

"Yeah, exactly.  And I feel like everything is changing."  I said.

"You know that would happen sooner or later, right?"  He put down his soda can on the table.

"I know."

"Oh my god!!"  Scott suddenly exclaimed.

"What?"  I looked at him.

"They should move here, and I should move in with you!!"  He said.

"Oh my god!!  That's a great idea!!" I jumped excitedly.

"But they have to agree on this too."  Scott said.

"Yeah, you're right.  You sure you wanna give up your apartment?"  I asked.

"Anything for my best friends."  He said.

"Come on, Ashley isn't your best friend."  I said.

"Huh?  Of course she is."  Scott said, confused.

"You love her more than a friend, and you know it."  I nudged his arm with mine.

"I don't know what you're talking about."  Scott refused to look at me.

"Constantly wanting her attention, flirting with her non-stop, getting jealous all the time...It's pretty Avi-ous."  I said.

"I do that with everyone...."  He said, his voice getting smaller and smaller towards the end.

"It's no big deal.  I had a crush on Kirstie, and we dated for weeks when we're 14, remember?"  I said.

"Fine, maybe a little.  But does that even matter?  She's so happy with Avi, and I'm happy that she's happy.  That's all that matters."  Scott said.

"I know, and I'm not saying that you should do anything about it.  I just wanna prove myself right, cuz I'm always right."  I said.

Scott rolled his eyes.

"I hate it but it's kinda true.  Let's talk about something else."  Scott said.

We went silence for a second.

"We should get a cat."  Scott said.

"We should get a cat."  I said at the same time.

"Oh my god!!"  I laughed.

"We should name it Wyatt."  Scott said.

"That's such a good name."  I said.

"And we should totally start a youtube channel."  Scott said excitedly.

"Oh my god, TOTALLY."  I giggled.

I watched Scott as he was saying how many things we should do together.

But I don't know.  It would still be hard.  I have lived with Ashley for four years now, and Avi for more than two.

I feel like I'm losing them.

***

(Avi's POV)

Ashley looked at me, and she nodded, waiting for me to talk.

"Do you think that, maybe, we should move in together?"  I asked while playing with her hand.

"But we already are living together."  She said.

"I know, I mean, like we get our own place."  I said while watching her reaction carefully.

She thought for a while, and she looked at my hand, slowly stroking hers.

I thought she might refuse, so I continued.

"I know you love living with Mitch, and things will change, but..."  I mumbled.

"Yes."  She said softly.

"What?"  I was just checking.

"Yes, let's do it.  Let's move in together!!"  She nodded.

"Yass!!  Yass, babe, yass!!"  I cupped her face and kiss her hard.

Reminder:  Please vote.