Chapter 24 Talked

(Avi's POV)

"Excuse me, sir.  May I help you?  You've been standing there for ten minutes."  A nurse said to me.

"Oh, no, thank you.  I'm going in."  I replied.

I said earlier that I wanted to eat, but actually I'm not that hungry.  I did bought some Chinese food for Ashley though.  She didn't eat for so long.

But then I was standing there like a statue in front of her door.  The nurse has noticed me, and think that I'm strange, so I better go in now.

I knocked on the door first, hoping that I don't disturb her.

"Come in, please."  She said politely.  I wonder if she'll be happy if she knew it was me.

I slowly opened the door, so slow that she's starting to think it's weird.

"Who is it?"  She asked.

"Uh...it's me, Cactus."  I said as I stuck my head out.

"Oh...."  She said as she looked down at the bed sheet.

She 's is now sat up in her bed, not lying down.

"So, uh, where's everybody?"  I asked while I entered the room and closed the door behind me.

"The doctor said that I still need to rest, so they left."  She answered without looking at me.

Then I realized, we're talking!!!  We're saying things to each other nicely!!

"Oh.  How come you're still up?" I asked, walking towards her bed.

"I slept for like two straight days, I don't think I want to sleep anymore..."  She mumbled.

"Oh."  I said.  

Then Ashley finally looked up at me, it was the first time we had eye contact after the accident.

Then I just got lost in her eyes and forgot how to speak.

I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

A light pink flush appeared on her cheeks, and it just made her even cuter.

Great, now I'm blushing.

I quickly look away, and cleared my throat.

"So...uh, I brought some food for you."  I said as I raise the bag I was holding.

"That's very nice, thank you.  But I can't eat until the doctor run some final tests."  She replied.

She's literally so polite and nice, like she always is when with others.

"Oh, okay.  Maybe save it for later then."  I put the bag on the counter.

"So, how are you feeling?  Does your head hurt?"  I asked.

I felt like I'm getting comfortable talking to her now.

"It did hurt when I woke up, but not anymore."  She said while fiddling the bed sheet with her fingers.

"Did the doctor said when can you go back home?"  I asked.

"He said if everything went smoothly, I can be out by tonight.  But I want to go out...like right now."  She pouted.

"Hey, I had an idea."  I said with a grin.

She looked at me confusingly.  

"Let's escape."  I said excitedly.

A/N:  They finally talked:D