Chapter 20 The result

(Avi's POV)

The ambulance came soon after Ashley passed out, and she made it to the hospital.

Now, Kirstie, Scott, Mitch, Kevin and I are sitting outside the operation room waiting.

It's been 3 hours since she was sent in, and we just sat in silence while praying in our heads.

 Suddenly , the silence was broken by a sobbing sound.

I looked at them, and found Kirstie crying.

"Come here..."  Scott said to Kirstie, pressing her head to let her lay down on his shoulder.

"Is she gonna be okay?"  Kirstie cried.

"Yes, yes she will.  I believe she will."  Kevin mumbled.

I buried my face in my hands, not letting others see my tears fall. 

"Avi, are you..?"  Mitch asked as he noticed my movements.

"No."  I said as I held my head up, holding my tears.

"If Ashley was here, she'll tell you that you're a baby."  Mitch said.

Yes, she would, "if" she was here.  But she's not, isn't she?

I felt like I can't hold it in anymore, so my tears just rolled down my cheeks.

"Avi, Avi...come."  Mitch said warmly as he pulled me in for a hug.

"She needs you to believe in her..."  Mitch said.

"I know, but-but she lost a lot of blood...what if she don't remember any of us after the surgery..."  I cried more.

I can't stand if that happens, I want to treat her nice, be her friend...or maybe more than that. 

"You cared so much."  Mitch chuckled slightly.  I know Mitch's trying to make this easier by staying calm.

"I.....do."  I just couldn't lie no more.

Suddenly, the operation room opened, and a male doctor came out.

Everyone stood up.

"Friends of Ashley Happlesful?"  The doctor asked.

We all nodded as a response.

"Good news and bad news.  The good news is, Miss Happlesful survived the surgery, and there's no any brain damage, the bad news is......"  The doctor sighed.

"Oh, come on doc!!!!!!  YOU'RE KILLING ALL OF US RIGHT NOW, GOD!!  JUST TELL US WILL SHE BE OKAY!!!!"  Mitch suddenly snapped.  He's definitely acting tough when we're waiting.

The doctor held his hand up, and make a three with his fingers.

"The bad news is, Miss Happlesful lost a lot of blood, and she's now in a coma.  She'll have three days to wake up, if she did, then we shall expect a full recovery.  If she didn't, then I'm sorry....she might never will."  The doctor sighed again.

A/N:  Quite intense, sorry y'all.  But please still vote and leave a comment:)