Chapter 60 The girl I love

(Avi's POV)

"Shhh, guys, she's sleeping."  I said to Kevin and Scott ,who just walked into Ashley's room.

They nodded with a smile.

Mitch drove us back after we got Ashley out, and she fell asleep in my arms in the back seat.

We put stools around Ashley's bed.  And now we're sitting around it, quietly chatting.

I was thinking about waking her, but I can't do it.  She needs to rest a bit more.

I stared at my beautiful girlfriend while Mitch was explaining how we found her.

Then Kirstie suddenly stood up from where she was sitting and walked out.

Maybe she was going to the bathroom.

But then she walked back in, holding another stool in her hand.

"Jeremy, here."  Kirstie said to Jeremy, who's standing awkwardly at the door way.

Wait, he's been here all the time?

"Thank you, Kirstie."  Jeremy blushed as he sat down.  He sat at the door way, a bit far from all of us.

"Who's that?"  Scott noticed Jeremy and asked.

"Oh, he's Jeremy."  Mitch answered.

"You knew where Ashley was and you didn't tell us until today?!"  Scott raised his voice, glaring at Jeremy.

"I'm really sorry..."  Jeremy said.

Kirstie and Kevin grabbed Scott's either arms, calming him down.

Though I'm upset about it too, I knew he was threatened by Jenna.

Suddenly, Ashley started moving.  She's waking up.  Scott's loud voice woke her.

She opened her eyes just a little.

"Love, I didn't mean to wake you."  Scott got close to the bed and said.

Ashley shook her head.

"Hey."  I leaned in to kiss Ashley's forehead.

"Hey."  She smiled at me and said.

Her voice was deeper than usual.

She scanned our faces.

"I just had a dream, a bad dream."  She spoke slowly.

"It wasn't a dream, it really happened."  Mitch said.

Scott, Kevin, Kirstie all nodded.  I don't know about Jeremy, he's not in sight.

"No, it was a dream, only a dream."  I said to them, hoping that they would get me.

And they did.  They understood that Ashley wanted to forget about all this.

"It's a nightmare, Ash.  It's over now..."  Kirstie said to Ashley.

"Yes."  Ashley looked at Kirstie.

Her eyes were filled with tears all of a sudden.

"Don't cry.."  Kirstie mumbled as she leaned down to hug Ashley.

"Sorry, just the thought of losing you..."  Ashley choked, trying to keep herself from crying.

"It's a dream, Ash..."  Kirstie pulled away, and wiped the tears that escaped from Ashley's eyes.

Ashley stopped crying, and she remembered something.

"This belongs to you, Kirst."  Ashley took off the ring on her finger, and held it out for Kirstie to take it.