Chapter 8 Bruises or...?

The next morning, Avi didn't remember anything.  Everything is normal again.

                                                       *A months later*

(Avi's POV)

Ashley's been going out at weird times.  Not that I care, but it's now 1 in the morning, she doesn't usually have work at night, and she's not home yet.

I'm pacing back and forth in the living room, and Mitch saw me when he walked out of his bedroom.

"Why aren't you sleeping?  Waiting for someone?"  Mitch said quite teasingly.

"No.  I just don't feel like sleeping, okay? I drank coffee earlier."  I shrugged.

"Yes, of course you did."  He winked.

"I really did, Mitch.  Now why don't you go sleep?"  I said.

"Unlike you, I tell the truth.  I am waiting for Ash, she's been out so late these days and I'm worried."  He said.

"Oh.  Really?  I haven't noticed that until just now."  That was a lie, I admit.

"Yeah, sure."  Mitch said, not believing me.

Suddenly, the door clicked and cracked open.

Ashley probably thought we're sleeping so she tiptoed in.

"Ahhh!!"  She screamed once she saw us standing there.

"Guys??  It's so late, why are you still up?  You scared me."  She said.

"No, no.  The question is, why did you come home so late?"  Mitch said.

"Well. I'm not so interested in listening to the answer so I'm just gonna go sleep.  Good night Mitch."  I said to only Mitch and left.

"Night night Avi."  He said.

I stood in the hallway and hid there to listen to their conversation, and try to peek at them.

"Okay, it's your time to explain."  Mitch said.

"Well, I went out with friends...."  She mumbled, not looking Mitch in the eyes.

"What friends?"  Mitch asked a follow up question.

"From work..."  She said.

"Names?"  Mitch asked.

"Uh...Monica, Joey, Ross, and Chandler."  She said.

Seriously, names from FRIENDS?  That famous TV series?!!  She's literally so stupid.

"Ashley, I want the truth."  Mitch said.

"I-uh.."

Mitch got closer to her, a bit too close.

Looks like he's checking on her.

"Ha!  Gotcha, what's that?"  Mitch asked.

What's what?? What's what??  I can't see clearly from this direction!!

"Just  bruises.."  She mumbled.

"Why don't you be honest with me, Ash?"  Mitch sighed and mumbled.

Mitch pushed some of her hair out of the way from her neck, where I assumed the "bruises" were.

He sighed, deeply, and pulled Ashley into a hug.

"Well, don't get hurt this time okay?"  Mitch said softly.

What was "this time" mean?  She's been hurt before?

"I won't...and I didn't do anything.....just hickies..and that's it."  She said, hugging Mitch tightly.

Hickies!!!!!!!!?????????!!  Hickies!!!!!!??

A/N:  I had fun writing this story so far!!!  I hope you enjoy reading it!!  Please don't forget to vote, and possibly leave a comment, thank you:))))<3