Chapter 10 Nick

(Avi's POV)

"So that's her boyfriend?"  Mitch asked.

"Apparently, yes."  I replied.

After I punched that jerk, Ashley and I brought him home.  And now they are in Ashley's room, and she's taking care of him.

Mitch and I were sitting on the couch, and I explained the situation.

"I don't get it, why didn't she say anything about having a 'boyfriend'?"  I asked.

"I thought you don't care."  He said with a grin.

"Well, I don't. I'm just curious."  I said.

"You stalk her into the club, find her on the dance floor with a guy, then you went and punch him in the face.  That sounds like so much care to me."  He said. 

"I-I-that's not important!!"  I said.

"Fine.  I'll tell you why she didn't say anything."  He took a sip of coffee that he just made and kept talking.

"She falls for bad boys a lot."

"Bad boys?"  I widened my eyes.

"Yes, bad boys. You know, the ones with loads of gangster tattoos, drinking problems, drug problems, blahblahblahblah..."

He took a little break and took a sip on his coffee.

"But-but why those?"  I asked, but try not to show too much care.

"I thinks it's because it keeps her busy taking care of them, so she could get distracted from things."  Mitch said.

"Things?  What things?"  

"You cared so much."  Mitch teased.

"I don't!!!  Just tell me!!"  I said impatiently.  And he chuckled slightly.

"All things, like when when her dog died back in high school, she dated a jerk for three months.  But sometimes for things that she doesn't even notice herself, like denying a crush on someone that she can't be with."

I gasped, all kinds of thoughts came to my mind.

"It's Kevin, isn't it??  No, wait, she could possibly be with him.  Then, it's Scott!!!  She's a year older than him....but that could still happen..Oh, no, it must be you!!!  Oh my god, or Kirstie, oh.....my.....god..."  I mumbled.

"You cared."  Mitch teased.

I calmed down a bit.  I DON'T CARE, I AM JUST CURIOUS!

"So back to the point, why didn't she say anything?"  I asked.

"She knew that I'll worry, so she didn't want to tell me.  But how can I not though, she always ends up getting hurt, cuz she's a goody two-shoes, bad guys always dig that at first, but then they just dump her when they lost interest."

He took a sip from his cup and continued.

"And this one is sure gonna break her heart , maybe even by cheating."  He shook his head.

"Oh."  I simply replied, or Mitch will think that I'm concerned again.

How come she keeps going for the wrong guys, she need one that is much more caring, or have beard....perhaps likes to wear beanies...I don't know..

(Ashley's POV)

Nick, my boyfriend, is still passed out.  I cleaned him up since his nose was bleeding.

After I was done, I walked out to the living room.

"Hey, how's..."  Mitch asked, waiting for me to say the name.

"Nick."  I said looking down, feeling guilty.

"How's Nick?"  He asked.

"He's fine. Just nose bleed..."  I mumbled.

Then the room became silent.

Suddenly, a noise came from my bedroom.

"Oh no, he's waking up!  Cactus, go hide!!"  I silently yelled.

"What?  Why?"  He asked.

"Because you are the one who knocked him out, if he sees you, he's gonna ruin your pret-"  I stopped.

Woah, did I almost say "pretty face"?

As I was thinking about how to fix that sentence, Nick's footsteps came closer and closer.

"Hide!!!!"  I panicked.

I don't even why I was this concern, I guess I just don't want Nick to hurt him...

Avi didn't move at all, like he's not afraid of him.

Nick appeared in the living room, now it's too late...

This is not gonna be good.