Chapter 7 A cut

(Ashley's POV)

I decided to make soup for him, not that I want to....It's for Esther, she told me to take care of him so that's what I'm doing.  It's totally for Esther.

I tiptoed to reach the cupboard to get a pot and add some water in it.  I put it on the stove to boil it.

Then I moved on to chop up some vegetables, and then some pork.  He loves meat...,but it's totally not for him.

"Owww...ahh.."  I gasped.  I had cut myself on my index finger.

It's quite deep.  I'm so clumsy.

I turned off the stove, and went for the sink to wash my finger, which is now covered in blood.

After it's cleaned, I went outside to find some band-aids.

I glanced over to the couch as I walked out, and I found Avi wasn't there anymore.

"Cactus?  Where are you??"  I asked.

"I'm here...!!"  He yelled, but not so clear.

I followed his voice and found him randomly planking on the floor of the bathroom.

"What are you...Get up!!"  I said as I reached out the hand that wasn't injured to help him up.

"What's that?"  He asked in concern, pointing at my another hand as he stood up.

"That's my hand?"  I don't want to let him know that I had cut myself for some reason.

"No, I mean this."  He grabbed my wrist with one hand, and point on my cut with another.

"I-I accidentally cut my finger when I was chopping"

Great.  Now he's gonna call me stupid like he always does.

"Poor babe."  He mumbled.

"Wha....huh?"  

He lowered his head and planted a gentle kiss on my finger.

He's warm lips attached to my finger, and it seemed like my hand was healing.  I mean rotting!!

I was shocked, and my mind was frozen.

I just stood there, my mouth unable to form words.

"I-uh-uh.."  I struggled to speak, and I blushed heavily.  Dang it.

He grinned at me and winked.

This is wrong, so wrong.

His cheeks were red because of the alcohol and that made him adorable.

No!! No, no, no, no!!  He's not adorable.  He's like the opposite of adorable.

There must be something wrong with me.  

Well, maybe I just need a boyfriend.  I've been single for a while now.  I just need a man to crush on, that's all.  Not because I like Avi!!