12 | police report

~jacobs pov

it's been a few days since the trouble at charlottes school.
she's hardly slept, i've had to stay up and text her all night to stop her worrying.
i even considered sneaking over to her house, but her parents were sure to catch me.

today's saturday, charlottes been missing school and staying home "sick". her parents have also been missing work, worrying about her. they don't know about anything that's went on.

my door bell rang and i walked over , turning the key and opening it up.
"hey." i say, leaning against the door frame.
"hi" charlotte sighed.

"come on in" i smiled, she nodded lightly.
charlotte was wearing some tight ripped jeans with a grey calvin klein bralette and a jacket. she looked slightly brighter and happier than recently, thankfully.

we decided to use today's study session to report tyler to the police.
we should've went before now, but finding time to with her parents only working part time these past few days has really been a challenge.

"are you ready for this?" i ask her, but she doesn't reply. she looks at me for a second before leaning into my arms and holding onto my torso tight.

i hug her, placing a kiss on the top of her head. "you're fine. you're safe." i reassure her.
"i feel like we're making too much of a big deal out of this" she cries out, taking her finger and wiping under her eyes to stop her mascara from running.

"he tried to-" i raise my eyebrows towards her not wanting to say it out loud "that isn't acceptable. you're only 17."

"i get that. i do, but maybe we should just leave it. it might make things worse-" i listen to charlottes breathing as it becomes heavy.

"hey!" i say, lifting her chin up towards me, our eyes meet for a second. "smile for me."
she closes her eyes for a second and then reopens them. a small smile forming on her face.
"see. that wasn't that hard" i smirk, my eyes still on hers. she smiles even wider now.

i lean down towards her small face and place a kiss on her lips. she puts her hand into my hair stroking through it as my tongue slides into her mouth.

i don't really know what we are honestly, she's like my girlfriend, but she's still in high school, she's still weak and unsure. she needs time.

i pull away from our kiss, not wanting anything else to happen. "let's go." i smile, and walk to the door of my house. she nods, and follows along behind me.

-----

"are you okay if we go ahead and investigate?" the police officer says, a serious look on his face.
"yeah, that's fine" i say looking to charlotte "isn't it?" i ask her.
"i uh-" she looks into my eyes and i nod at her, giving her some reassurance.
"yeah. that's okay."

"great." the police officer says gathering the paper in front of him.
"i'll go get the chief" he says, and walks off, leaving me and charlotte alone.

"you're doing amazing" i whisper to her and she smiles.
"i feel so much better" she whispers back.
"i told you so" i say like a 5 year old, laughing.

"thank you for doing this for me." she says.
i nod and smile. "i'd do anything to help you char" i tell her, with all honesty.

the police officer comes back with the chief. they sit down in front of us, and charlotte spends around 20 minutes reexplaining the situation. i hadn't heard the story in this much detail, and as i do i begin to feel extremely ill.

the hurt she's feeling because of something like this is insane and i would never wish it on anyone.
"that's all for today." the chief says bringing me out of my thoughts.

"thank you" charlotte lets out a wide smile and stands up out of the wooden chair she was sitting on.
"let's go" i say, and help her put her jacket back on. she's sweating from the worry- and probably also the huge bright light above us.

we get into my car outside, and i start the engine.

"ready to go-"
"there!" charlotte shouts pointing across the parking lot.
i squint my eyes and look over to where she is pointing to.

"that's tyler." charlotte tells me, i feel the anger rage through my body. she gulps.

"what's he doing here?" i snap.
"calm down, and stay quiet." she exclaims.

charlotte ducks down, and we both watch out the window.
"drugs" i say, as i watch him hand a bag over to another teenager.
charlotte pulls her phone out her bag and takes a photo of tyler.

"char thousands of kids drug deal-"
"hey." she begins, "if they don't believe me for that.. i'll always have this"

i laugh and roll my eyes. "you're some girl charlotte rose." after everything she's been through shes still laughing and making jokes. wow she's amazing.

"and you're some guy mr sartorius" she smirks. i press my foot onto the pedal, and reverse out of the parking lot.

---

3K READS OML YES ILY!!
i'm so glad you're all liking this story!

comment and let me know if you like the idea of one new update everyday for the next 4 days!?!

see you guys next time <3