23 | to new beginnings

~ charlottes pov

today alissa leaves for rehab.
jacob told her parents what happened, alissa realised she needed help.

weed and drugs took over her life.
"stay safe babe ok?" i say to her. she nods her head. "i love you." she says to me.

i smile. "i love you too."
jacob kisses her forehead, leaning through the window of the car. "see you in a while, kid." he laughs slightly.

alissas parents start the car engine, waving us a last goodbye before driving off.
jacob leans over to me and takes a hold of my hand. "she'll get better, you do know that?" he says to me.

"i know. i know. i guess i'm just selfish-" i look up to jacob "i mean, my friends gone."
"you've got me. we can have fun sleepovers and gossip." jacob smirks at me and i burst out laughing.
"youre embarrassing." i say, and slap him playfully on the face.

"great. now the right side of my face is gonna be busted too." he laughs.
we walk together away from alissas house.
"have you heard from joey?" jacob asks me.

"actually yeah.." i say, realising that i should've told jacob before now.
"oh.. after he called you a few days ago?" jacob asks.
"we spoke again.. i'm gonna go to his house for a while." i say awkwardly.

"oh." jacob walks slightly slower than before. "cool." he says. i nod my head.
"cool." i copy.

we walk towards his car, and get inside, before driving to my house.

——-

"baby you're home." my mom smiles as i walk inside.
"hey mom, hey dad." i say, walking towards them.
they both hug me. "is alissa okay?" my dad asks me. i nod my head and smile.
"she's gonna be okay." i tell them.

for once, i feel proper support from my parents. they decided to stop working away as much, to stay at home with me, and spend more time with me.
maybe the whole close family thing isn't so bad after all.

"any plans for later?" my mom asks as i take an apple out the fruit bowl and bite into it.
"i'm going to joeys." i tell her and she nods her head. i've caught her up on all the gossip of alissa and joey. missing out the parts of jacob.

"exciting." my dad laughs. "are you two a thing again?" he asks me. i feel my cheeks flush.
"what- no. no! we're only friends." i laugh awkwardly.
"whatever you say." my mom smiles, before walking away into the living room.
i sigh, and head upstairs.

——-

i knock on the door of joeys house. he's moved back into his old family home with his parents and his younger sister sophia.

"hey." joey smiles as he answers the door.
"hey." i giggle, walking inside. 

i take off my shoes, and me and joey head upstairs. i look at the surroundings, everything looks new. modern.
"charlotte!" sophia laughs as he sees me and runs towards me.

"sophia!" i smile, and hug onto her small frame.
she's currently 13.
"i've missed you." i tell her and she's nods her head agreeing.

"we're gonna watch a movie.. why don't you invite one of your friends over?" joey says to sophia. it's obvious he's trying to get rid of her.

she rolls her eyes and laughs. "i'll leave you and your girlfriend alone." she says, before winking at us.
i go to correct her. "we're not uh-"
"thanks." joey cuts me off. i roll my eyes at him and walk away into his bedroom.

"cool room." i say to him "it's changed."
"beds comfier." he laughs, throwing himself onto his large double bed. "come sit."
i walk over and sit down onto the edge of the bed. "i like it." i tell him, and he laughs once more.

"let's watch a horror movie." joey says to me.
we always had the same tastes in movies.
"you're on." i smile, and sit close to him on the bed.

——-

joey and me sit under the blankets. the movie is almost finished, and it's beginning to get dark outside.

my phone beeps, and i pick it up.
jacob - hows the date?
i roll my eyes at his jealousy before typing a reply.
charlotte - great. how's being lonely?

"who you texting?" joey asks. i realise i'm smiling at my phone.
"oh uh. just my mom" i lie.
"oh.. cool." he smiles, and puts his arm around me. he seems so calm about it, yet to me it feels strange.

i lock my phone and sit it down. maybe staying away from jacob while i'm kinda on a date is a good idea.
i place my head on joeys chest, and he gently kisses my forehead.

i look up at his gorgeous eyes. he stares into mine. a smile forms on my face.
joey leans forward towards me, and places a kiss on my lips. the feeling and electricity i get is different to when we first dated.

joey pulls back slightly, waiting on me to make the next move.
"fuck it" i think to myself.
i lean over him and connect our lips again. joey pulls me on top of him, i straddle his body.

our lips stay connected, the kiss passionate but not too sexual.
joey tucks my hair behind my ear, and stops kissing me for a second. he stares at my face up close, and places our foreheads against each other.

"hey joe-" great. in walks sophia.
her eyes widen. i quickly get off joey, as from her point of view that may have looked worse than it was.
"i'm gonna go." she says, and awkwardly walks out the room.

joey begins to laugh. "sorry for that" he says noticing the look on my face.
"sorry for what?" i say, and place another quick peck on his lips.

what am i doing??

——-

so joey and charlotte kissed.. JACOB DOESNT KNOW.. YET ;)

oh and jacob never told charlotte about his past. ouch, that could effect things-

do you guys like the longer update? i wanted to show u guys i appreciate you all. love u <3