30 | missing to return

~ charlottes pov

well- it's been 2 months.
lemme fill you in..

jacob and me aren't perfect at all. our arguments are dumb, usually about him being jealous of how close me and joey are.
and no- we aren't dating, it's more a friends with benefits sorta thing.
(my followers,i hope u get the reference)

my parents? they know me and jacob are close friends, they haven't figured out the rest.

joey- he's still single. he's had some fun, but he still loves me. he even told me he does.

and then there's me! i'm just me, except i've recently got a new look. i dip dyed my hair, felt like a change. i'm not as popular anymore- just kinda mind my own business.

today's december 24th. i'm at jacobs house right now, helping him finish decorate. his parents are coming for christmas- he's a late preparer.

"do you think it looks okay?" j asks me and i nod my head.
"pretty." i reply, and he nods.
his face is pale- he doesn't look too good.

i walk up to him and place a hand on his cheek.
"look at me." i say, and he turns his head to face me.
"are you okay?" i ask.

"i'm fine. i just wanna make everything nice." he tells me, before pulling away from me causing me to roll my eyes.

i lift up my phone as it starts to ring. joey.
i walk into the kitchen to answer the call.
"hey joey" i smile, even though he can't see me.

"are you free to talk?" he asks me, and i reply with a simple "sure".

i put down the bag of tinsel i was carrying and take a seat at jacobs table.
"i can't find my sister." joey says and i gasp.
sophia.
"what? where is she?!" i exclaim.

joey sighs "if i knew id be able to find her"
"she's only 14 joey. we gotta find her!"

i hear the guilt in joeys voice as he speaks " me and sophia had an argument and I'm pretty sure she left-" he sighs " just annoys me because I feel like this is all my fault."

my eyes widen. "i know exactly where she is." i end the call and grab my jacket and shoes.
"hey.. where are you g-"

"i've gotta go help joey!" i shout as i run out of jacobs house and into my car.

oh- guess who learned how to drive.

I drive the car up the street to the park at the top of the road where i used to take sophia when she was young. I remember how I told her if she ever needed space to go there, joey never knew about it. what i do know is that she probably could do with someone to talk to.

i run out my car and into the park.
"sophia!" i call out. it's empty.

i look as i see a car pull up beside mine. it's joey.
the back door opens, and as if it's in slow motion, i watch as the best friend i haven't seen in months steps outside.

i scream like a little kid, and run over, jumping on to alissa. tears form in my eyes as she picks me up.
sophia steps out the car and she smiles at me- i also watch as jacob pulls up in his car.

"surprise" jacob says as he walks up to me, alissa places me down and i smile at her.
"i missed you so much." i tell her and she nods her head. "i missed you more."

at that moment i knew exactly how lucky i was. i had my best friend back, and my boyfriend and my other best friend were more than i could ever ask for.

i walk to jacob and place a kiss on his lips.
"i love you." i tell him, and he smiles at me, before leaning down to kiss me once again.

——-

so.. next chapter, here comes jacobs parents.
will they like charlotte?

is alissa being back good or bad?