22 | weed gets you high

~ jacobs pov

we drove down the street to the south side.
it's weird being here again. i used to hang out here when i was in my early high school years.

part of me already regretted bringing charlotte here with me. she was like that basic rich kid, she was tough, but she wouldn't be used to this sort of thing.

i looked over at her while driving. with a worried look on her face she began to speak. "where is alissa?" she asked.
i sighed. "i figured out more about that guy you told me about, the drug dealer." i say.

"the senior? who even is he?" she asks confused.
"jack bell." i tell her "he lives in the south side, transferred to our school a couple years back before getting kicked out. he never graduated."

charlotte shakes her head. "is alissa in danger?" she asks me.
i nod my head yes. "she's been staying with him." i say, and clench my fist. the thought of my cousin with jack makes me feel sick.

"how do you know?" charlotte asks, tears form in her eyes.
i sigh, and place my hand on top of hers. "it'll be okay." i tell her.
"thank you." she says, and wraps her fingers around mine. she holds onto my hand tightly.

"i followed her, she went into his house, came out this morning before heading to yours." he says. "god knows what he done to her-"

charlotte let's go of my hand. "there's her car." she points out the window.
i park the car in a space and straight away step out. charlotte follows behind me.
"be careful." she tells me.

i walk up to the door. it's a small house, probably the worst one in the street.
i knock on the door.
"hello?" i shout, no one replies.

charlotte nudges me out the way, and opens the handle. "if he's hurting alissa.." she speaks, i sigh before walking inside the house.

"alissa?" i call out.
i hear a noise from the room to the right.
charlotte walks along and inside. the sight in front of us shocking us both.

"char? j?" alissa speaks.
the smell of weed hits us. the strong scent taking over the room.
"what the fuck are you doing?" i shout at alissa.
she rolls her eyes and looks over to jack.

just then, charlottes phone begins to ring.
"i can't deal with this." she says, taking the phone out her pocket and pressing answer. i see the caller is joey. she walks away to answer.

"we're leaving." i say, grabbing alissa by the arm.
"stay. get high with us." alissa laughs, totally out of it.
"you don't even know what you're saying." i say to her. anger in my voice.

"she's leaving." i tell jack, and pull alissa out of the room.
"she doesn't want to leave." he says, standing up. he doesn't seem anywhere near as high as alissa.
"jack. leave it." i say.

"wasn't that when you used to get high jacob was it? back in the high school days? before you became all smart." he speaks, and pushes my chest.
i let go of alissa, and she sits down on the bed. not realising what's happening.

"i'm done with those days." i say quietly, getting closer to jack.
"oh and who's the girl you're with? that your new girlfriend? does she know about your old drug days?" he whispers the ending.

i roll my eyes at him. "pathetic" i say.
jack takes his fist, and punches me. straight across the face. i fall back dramatically, and hit the wall with a slam.
"JACOB." charlotte cries out, running towards me. she ends the phone call with joey.

"stay away from him." she sticks her middle finger up at jack. who laughs, before picking up alissa from her seat.
"and stay away from her too." charlotte says.
i stand up finally. anger boiling through my body.

"i said we're leaving." i snap, and grab alissa off of him, lifting her into my arms.
"try stay away from the drugs" jack laughs as we walk out of his house, slamming the door behind us.

"what's he talking about?" charlotte asks.
"nothing." i shrug, and place alissa into the back seat of my car.

——

sooo.. jacob has a history of drugs?
is alissa following in his footsteps?

;) vote for more updates x