29 | that while after

~ charlottes pov

i wake up beside jacob. his body and mine still bare. i smile up at him as he opens his eyes.
"good.." i check the time on my phone that was inside my shirt pocket "afternoon" i finish as i see it's now 5pm.

jacob leans over and places a kiss on my forehead. i close my eyes as his lips touch my skin.

jacob lies back beside me and puts his arm around me.
"what you doing today?" he asks me.
i smile as i trace his abs with my finger, "nothing.." i reply.

"up for round 2 later?" he smirks and i nod my head. "of course" i say in a posher voice than mine.

j laughs and kisses my face once more before standing up out of bed.
he walks over to his closet and takes out some adidas sweatpants and a plain white tshirt.

i also begin to get dressed back into my clothes, although i was also wishing that what happened before wasn't really over.

"how about we order a pizza?" jacob asks as he pulls his shirt over his head.
i walk up to him and pull the shirt off him once again. "you look way better without that" i say, and his face blushes like a kid.

"oh and pizza sounds good" i smile, before walking out his room and down the stairs to the living room , loving how i'm making him feel.

——

i watch out as the car pulls up outside. pizza is here. "jacob. money for pizza!" i call.

he walks towards the door and opens it as the 'pizza delivery guy' knocks.
"thanks" j says, handing him the 20 bucks.

"are your parents not asking where you are?"
jacob asks me as he walks into the room with the large pizza box.

"joeys covering for me" i shrug my shoulders as i open the box and take out a slice.
"he's really doing all that for you?" jacob takes a bite of a slice just as i do.

i nod my head with my mouth full of food.
"why would he?" jacob questions me again.
i swallow the food inside my mouth "he cares about me." i say, shrugging my shoulders once more.

truth is- i don't even fully know why he's covering for me.
he's my ex boyfriend after all.

i finish my pizza slice and wipe my hands on my legs.
"do you still love him?" i watch as jacobs eyes look up to mine. i never fully thought about this question.

"i mean.. i'll always have a special place for him in my heart but i don't 'love' him like that anymore" i reply as truthfully as i can, and jacob nods.

"and you love me?" jacob asks me, and i begin to grow annoyed by the questions.
"i feel like i'm being questioned in jail?" i laugh slightly.
"how would you know what that's lik-"

i cut him off, now extremely annoyed. "can you let me enjoy and eat this pizza before you question me on everything i say."
jacob nods his head, obviously feeling bad. "yeah.. yeah, sorry"

part of me wonders what's wrong- the other part knows jacob can be really self-doubting and thinks maybe he's just looking to see if i really do love him before he says it back.

i finish the piece of pizza in my hand, and lay back onto the couch. now extremely full, and tired once again.

"you wanna go upstairs and get some sleep?" jacob asks, and i shake my head.
"i think i'm gonna go home in a bit- joey can only cover for me for so long." i admit, and a slightly disappointed looking jacob nods.

"one movie?" he asks me, the smirk already back on his face.
"one movie." i sigh giving in, and he gets up onto the couch, placing his strong arm around my body, and kissing my nose.

——-

i'm backkk, and tysm for 40k reads <3