17 | anything for you

~ charlottes pov

"here you go" i say as i hand alissa the coffee i made for her.
"thanks." she says, staying seated on my couch.
"how are you holding up?" i ask, sitting on the couch across from her.

she sighs and looks up at me.
"ive been-" her eyes look tired, like she hasn't slept in days.
"you can trust me alissa." i reassure her and she nods her head.
"my mom got a new job. she's earning extra money." she takes a sip of her coffee and places it down on the table.

"that's amazing!!" i say loudly before alissa gets a chance to finish. she rolls her eyes.
"listen to my story charlotte" she says, an angry tone in her voice. i nod my head.

"i recently got diagnosed with extreme depression by my doctor. she's sending me to all sorts of psychologists and mental health classes. i told my mom, she's been too busy with work to care-" alissa takes a deep breath.

"she won't agree to pay for my classes. it might be the only thing that can help char." she looks at me. her eyes filled with water. i walk over and place my arm around her back.
"i love you" i tell her.
"i love you more" she cries out.

i sigh and look at her as we pull away from our hug. "the drugs?" i say.
"you knew they were drugs?" she questions.
"you weren't gonna tell me about them?" i ask, ignoring her question.
"i- i was. i just didn't realise you knew."

"i saw that guy alissa. the senior? who even is he?" i say looking at her. a sad look appears on her face.
"my drug dealer. i can explain i-"
i raise my voice. "you have a drug dealer??" i exclaim.

"i needed something to calm my nerves char." she says, tears falling down her face.
i shake my head.
"i can't believe this. you didn't think to tell me??" i almost shout.
"i didn't want to worry you-"

"well you shouldn't have kept it all to yourself and turned to drugs! you've made your life worse alissa." i say all this from love. i love her and seeing her destroy herself, well, it destroys me.

i feel tears form in my eyes.
"jacob and you are the only people i trust now charlotte."
"what am i meant to do with you." i begin to cry, and alissa sighs. i turn around and shake my head.

"i'm sorry charlotte. don't be mad at me. please." she looks up at me.
"i don't know what to say." i tell her, and look into her tired eyes.

"don't say anything. just promise you'll help me. i need you." she cries out.

"i will. i promise you."
she looks at me with a concerned look on her face.
"i promise you alissa. okay?"
"okay," she wipes her eyes "and to do that i need you to get someone else to help." she says.

"whoever. anything to help you like i promised-"
"i need my big cousin."

i look at her. jacob. can i really deal with jacob after what she's just told me?

"anything for you." i say, and a small smile appears on her face.

"thank you. so much."

——-
thank you for 10k reads. jesus, that's a crazy amount what the hell.
i never EVER expected to get this many on a story?¿ (i'm reading this back wow i'm at 60k reads rn-)

i love everyone reading!
cya next time.. will it be a jacob and charlotte reunion??