36 | go big or go home

~ charlottes pov

"count to 5 and then open your eyes" jacob says.

alissa stands alongside me. us both just as excited and nervous as each other.
"2.. 1." i count quick before my eyes spring open, and my mouth drops.

ahead of me is a gorgeous cabin. the whole thing carved out of a gorgeous dark brown wood. the windows are rounded and the outdoor area seems quite old-fashioned,  although i can almost make out a tv through the window.

"this place is absolutely gorgeous." i say, as i run up towards the door.
"it's beautiful." alissa says, and joey smiles to her.

"well.. let's go inside !" i exclaim, and look at my surroundings as i walk through the small hallway.

the place is , to my surprise , decorated pretty modern inside.
"there's a hot tub?!" i exclaim, as i see the round shaped "thing" outside.

"sure is" jacob replies, and i run up to him and place a kiss on his lips.
"my parents? i don't have clothes? how long are we staying for?!" i blur out as i pull away from our short kiss.

"alissa said she's taking you with joey and i'm coming along- i bought you a swimsuit and some pjs, brought you some shoes.. it's just till tomorrow." jacob replies calmly, and then placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. "i'm gonna go get the bag out the limo."

i nod my head as he walks off, before going into the small kitchen to see joey and alissa.

"this place rocks." i tell joey, and he winks at me. "the best is only allowed for you two."
i laugh and alissa joins in. "so.. now i have time.. what's happening with you two?" i ask them and they both shrug almost instantly.

"we've been dating for about a week, he asked me to be his girlfriend at a romantic dinner." i look at alissa and i see the look on her face. she's in love.

yeah this might be selfish, but i'm partly glad about alissa and joey. it means that he's over me- or at least i hope so.

"hey joey.. come help?" jacob shouts in and joey walks out the kitchen after placing a quick kiss on alissas cheek. it's almost strange seeing them this way.

"the boys planned this well." i honestly admit once it's just us girls.
"they did. really well. i'm impressed, and that's hard to do." alissa says and i roll my eyes.
"miss 'everything perfect always'" i laugh.

"hey.. guess we wore these outfits for a pretty pointless reason." alissa shrugs.
"well.. at least we look good." i say, and lift up my phone quickly snapping a photo of us two together.

"love you." i say to her, and she smiles before pulling me into a long, tight hug.

——-

"who's ready for a picnic?" jacob says, walking into the room me and him are sharing for tonight for the first time ever without sneaking around.

"a picnic? sounds exciting."
"just us two.. thought you'd like it." he says and i nod my head. "of course i will."

"well.. put on your sneakers and we'll go!"
"give me two seconds!"

jacob counts to two slowly, adding in one and a half, one and a quarter. i try as fast as i can to tie my shoelaces, but jacob, being impatient, picks me up and carries me bridal style to the small kitchen area, before grabbing a large brown picnic basket, and lifting it along with me to the outdoors.

——

jacob gently places me down on the grass after a couple minutes of walking.
"i'm surprised you carried me for that long." i chuckle, and jacob flexes his muscles.

"gym gain always." he laughs, and i roll my eyes at his cockiness, before fixing my shoe lace from before.

"you better have brought good food." i say, starting the conversation as my stomach begins to gurgle with hunger.

"only the best." jacob replies as we approach a large tree, within a safe enough distance from the edge of the mountain.
he takes out a couple of plastic containers.
"chicken and mayo sandwiches.. coke, an apple for a beautiful brunette.. and a chocolate sundae."

"goodbye diet." i sigh as a joke, while staring at the chocolate sundae, wow it looks amazing.
we both dig into the good food.

"this stuff is amazing.. there's no way you made this." i say, pointing to my sandwich.
"it's only a sandwich- i don't have to be rachel klein to make it." he smiles like a kid.

"wow, you named a famous chef- you can cook and you're smart?! never would've known" i wink at jacob as a joke, causing him to flash his gorgeous teeth at me as a wide smile crosses his face.

he leans in to kiss me, but we're both stopped by a loud bang nearby.

the skies starting to become dull, and the sun is setting.
"look up." jacob points to the sky above us.

i look up into it, and watch as the sun slowly sets. the beautiful sight amazing my eyes.
"it's gorgeous- but what was that nois-"
as if by magic, my question is answered.
blue, purple and white gorgeous fireworks fly up to the sky and explode above us.

but as if that's not enough, the fireworks stop, and an aeroplane zooms through the sky.
"read it. out loud." j tells me and i nod my head.
"G.. I.. R.. L.... Girlfriend." i feel my cheeks flush as red as a tomato.

"charlotte rose , be my girlfriend." jacob looks deep into my eyes.
"rolf jacob sartorius- id love to be your girlfriend." i reply, and jump onto his lap as we both sit on the picnic blanket.
we connect our lips passionately, and i can't help but smile into the kiss.

"let's hope- well if we ever do get engaged" i pull my lips away from the kiss. our foreheads still touching. "you have a heck lot of money saved up.. because this shit is gonna be super hard to top."

we both begin to laugh.
"i think this calls for some hot tub fun when we get back." jacob whispers into my ear and i slap his face as gently as you can possibly slap someone.

"you're disgraceful-"
"and you love it."
"no but i love you."

..

"and i love you too."