39 | change of thoughts

~ jacobs pov

it's been 2 days and charlotte hasn't called. she's ignored my messages.
her parents still aren't back in town and i don't want her being alone, so today i'm gonna go to her house to see her.

i should've told her about harvard. it was stupid of me not to.
i put on my shoes and walk out my door.

——-

"hello?" i shout in the door after i knock twice with no answer.
the doors unlocked.

"charlotte? it's me." i call as i walk around the downstairs area looking for her.
"jacob?" she says, walking downstairs slowly. her headphones cover her ears. "what is it?" she asks calmly stopping the music.

"i didn't wanna leave you alone." i say, and step towards her. "i'm sorry. you didn't answer my calls."

"i needed time to process this." she tells me and shrugs her shoulders. "i'm sorry too."

i bring her into my arms and squeeze her body gently. "i love you."
"i love you too."

we step out of the hug and walk upstairs together. i sit down on the edge of her bed while she fixes her hair and puts on some makeup.

"i really think we do need to speak about the situation though." i say to her and she nods her head.
"i was selfish before.. i understand why you'd be considering this- it's a HUGE deal."

"i'd love to go.. but i don't want to leave you." i look over to her and she looks back at me in the mirror in front of her.

"11 hours is a long drive." she says and i sigh loudly. "i know. i know.. i just think it could provide us with everything for the future."

"the future?" she stops me and i feel my cheeks flush pink.
"well.." i take a deep breath. "yeah, the future." i say and she turns to face me, smiling widely.

"we've never really spoken about the future together." she tells me and i nod in agreement.
"we haven't, no."

"well.. let's speak about it now." she sits on my lap , wrapping her legs around my waist.
i place a soft kiss on her lips.

"i still want to teach, i want to help kids."
"and i think you'd be amazing at that."
"so.. i need to study." i say and she sighs.
"i understand that."

"will we ever get married?" she giggles looking into my eyes.
"i don't know.. i hope so."

"oh and.. a massive house. 4 bedrooms. 3 for our kids, and one pretty one for us." she rambles on about the decoration in our house, which i don't pay full attention to, i just nod and smile.

"it would be amazing." she finally finishes and i smile at her.

i lie my back down onto charlottes bed , and she sits on me still straddling my waist.
"it WOULD be amazing." i repeat, causing a massive smile to appear on her face.

"i'm completely in love with you. i don't ever want anyone else." she tells me and happiness fills my body. i'm like a kid back at school, i just can't wait for the future with this amazing girl.

"wether you have to leave for college or not, we can make this work. we need to." she tells me and i smile up at her.
"we always would."
"as much as it would suck not seeing you everyday.. tbh it's even been hard over this past 2 days."

charlotte brings her body down to me and kisses my lips gently.
i'm so happy that she understands, and that i now have the option to decide for myself.

i roll charlotte over so i'm hovering on top of her. "i'm in love with you too charlotte rose." i say, before lifting off her shirt and kissing down her body.

there's nowhere i'd rather be right now.