41 | by your side

~ jacobs pov

surprisingly , i wake up first.
it's 9:28am. october 3rd.

i yawn and quietly get out of bed.
i take my time to shower and get dressed, and finally, charlotte wakes up.

"good morning." she says and stretches her body out before turning over and starting to fall asleep again.
"no more sleep." i laugh and lift her out of the warm bed.

"jacob." she moans and tries to push off of me.
i sit at the end of the bed with her on my lap.
"how does a picnic sound?" i ask and she smiles up to me.

"breakfast picnic? what do you have planned?" she asks and i kiss the end of her nose.
"something you'll love , bring a swimsuit." i tell her and she runs out the bedroom to get ready.

——-

i reveal the sight ahead by uncovering charlottes eyes.
"ta-da" i say and she covers her mouth with her hands in shock.

it's a beautiful waterfall that leads to a lake , the deep blue water glistens in the fall sun, and it's surrounded by the beauty of nature, tall green trees and beautiful pink flowers.

"how did you find this place?!" she asks me and i smirk.
"i'm full of surprises." i wink at her and she smiles.
"it's amazing." she takes my hand and we walk to the grass, sitting down together.

"i made some pretty good food." i say and open the basket revealing all kinds of breakfast snacks.

"yum." she takes out the fruit salad and begins to dig in.
"stay here, i'll be right back." i tell her and walk towards the car.
i reach into the back seat and get my guitar.

"the guitar? how did you sneak that here!"
"like i said, i'm full of surprises." i say cockily, and put the guitar strap over my body.

"you asked me to sing for you yesterday, and i wanted to do something you'd enjoy to show you how much you mean to me."

she blushes and stares up at my face.
"well.. hurry up and play it!" she exclaims and i begin to play a tune.

"we ride together,
like waves in the ocean,
hold you down through whatever
to wherever we going,
everyday , and every-night,
i'll be the sun and the stars in your sky ,
no matter what happens,
i will be by your side."

i sing the song and watch as tears build up in charlottes eyes.
"your voice is beautiful." she applauds me as i sit down beside her once again, finishing my song.

"thank you." i laugh and she leans in to kiss me.
"i wrote that for you, because there's something i have to say, and i don't want you to get upset or panic." i tell her , and instantly her facial expression changes.

"wait.. what?"
"i've decided that.. i'm gonna move and start harvard." i take a deep breath.

"you.. you're leaving?" she asks and i nod my head.
"yeah.. i am. but the song, i wrote that to show that no matter what i'm still with you. i'll be beside you always even when i'm not close."

her bright smile appears for a second before turning into a sigh , but her vision stays right at my eyes. "can we make this work?" she questions.
"i'll come see you as often as i can, i promise. we can facetime every day, and of course we'll stay loyal to each other."

"are you sure? do you promise?"
"i promise charlotte." i say and she nods her head.
"then.. let's do it. distance can't stop how strong what we have is." she says and i smile, happiness filling my body.

"you mean that?" i ask.
"of course i do." she says and i pull her into a tight hug.
"i love you so much," i exclaim. "i promise you, this isn't the end. you'll be mine forever, this opportunity will help us plan our future."

she leans towards me and kisses me gently.
"wanna see how cold the water is?" i ask her and she giggles.
"let's do it."

we both get into our swimwear and jump into the water. it's almost as cold as ice.
"JACOB ITS FREEZING." charlotte complains swimming over to me.
i laugh through the pain of the cold , and pick her up, she wraps her legs around my waist.

"so.. when do you leave?" she asks and i sigh.

"2 weeks."