43 | a goodbye

~ charlottes pov

the drive to the airport was silent. jacobs family came over early and said goodbye , wishing him good luck. jacob didn't see them that much anymore, i wasn't surprised he didn't get emotional, he already left home anyway.

the only noise was the quiet music through the car radio, i hummed along at some parts, honestly just out of boredom.

when we finally reached the airport i stepped out the car first, taking a deep breath. jacob took a second before getting out and opening the trunk , revealing two large suitcases.

he took my hand and squeezed it gently.
"i'll see you soon, you know that." he told me and i nodded.
i pulled one suitcase while jacob got the other , and we walked towards the airport entrance.

i knew that i only had around 10 minutes left with jacob, which upset me more than anything.

we walked around the airport, looking at the different sights, before jacob came to a stop.
"i need to go up those stairs" he told me and i nodded.
"let's go." i smiled and he sighed.
"alone." he corrected and the smile disappeared from my face.

i looked him in the eyes before letting go of the suitcase and jumping into his arms.
he caught me and held me tightly against him.
"it won't be long before you see me again, i promise."
"christmas, right?" i asked and he nodded.

"it's not long baby. i promise, we can facetime everyday."
i tried my best to smile but all i felt was sadness.
i felt my eyes fill up and this time i let the tears roll down my cheeks.

jacob placed me down infront of him and spun me around.
i looked ahead to see joey and alissa running towards me.
alissa picked me up and spun me around and joey joined in.

i let my tears out as i was in joey and alissas arms.
"what are you two doing here?" i exclaimed and they both smiled.
"as if we'd let jacob leave without a goodbye, or leave you alone." alissa smiled and hugged jacob.

he checked his watch and sighed.
"it's time for me to go.. i can't miss this flight."
i nodded my head and jacob walked towards me, taking my face into his warm hands.

"i love you." he said leaning in to kiss me.
i kissed him back for that one last time.
"i love you more." i said, and wiped a tear off my cheek.

jacob said goodbye to joey and alissa , before taking his two suitcases and walking up the escalator.

i continued to cry as he got further away. alissa and joey wrapped their arms around me , and we all watched as he left.

unsurprisingly, he didn't turn around , he just kept going.

alissa placed a kiss on my cheek and squeezed me tightly, before the three of us walked off towards the car together, our arms wrapped around each other's shoulders.

he'll be back charlotte. he'll be back.

- thank you so much for 90k reads <3
that means the world to me.
ily guys a lot ! next stop 100k- wow.